Rookie

Nomorobo for blocking robocalls

I see the  FCC just voted to allow carriers to offer robocall blocking services to their customers. TW is supposed to be one of the carriers that will let us use Nomorobo to block those calls - does anyone know if it is available yet?  I hate to go through the hassle to trying to ask TW directly.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Nomorobo for blocking robocalls

It's been available for a while now. The feature is called "Answer Anywhere". You can read about how to set it up here: http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-phone/voicezone/how-do-i-set-up-answer-anywhere....

Newcomer

Guess I'm not following?  Seems setting up Answer Anywhere would allow Robocalls to follow you?

ohiobob

Newcomer

I agree. Why do we have to setup Answer Anywhere? I do not want calls ringing all phones. Why can't we setup Nomorobo for home phone only without having all our phones involved. Should be available on our cell phone courtesy of our cell carrier. Guess it is time to contact FCC & FTC to see why TWC doesn't allow home phones only.
Contributor

You seemed to be misinformed with how Answer Anywhere works.

The feature allows you to supply a phone number (up to five) that will ring whenever somebody calls your TWC phone number. In this case, you would supply the Nomorobo phone number that you receive when signing up for their service. When someone calls you, Nomorobo will be able to see the same caller ID information that you receive from your TWC phone number and they (Nomorobo) will be able to disconnect the call on your behalf if they determine it to be a telemarketer.

Observer

[ Edited ]

All well and good but  TWC has SCREWED up VOICE ZONE to to point that I cannot access it at all.  Every time I try I get an Error Has Occured message.  Seems they don't want us to block calls or use any of the other features.  Time to start looking into anonther carrier.  They won't get any better at customer service until they don't have any customers.

Newcomer

YES!  I and all of my extended family have been using Nomorobo for a few weeks now.

It was reviewed in Consumers' Reports had had high ratings.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2015/07/robocall-blocker-review/index.htm

It is free and explicitly compatabile with Time Warner digital phone.

https://www.nomorobo.com/

It works great!

http://consumerist.com/2015/07/28/consumers-put-robocall-blocking-devices-to-the-test/

Yes you can use it with Time Warner. Just signed up myself, and see what happenes...

Newcomer

I'm very happy that some TWC customers have successfuylly signed up.; When attempting to do so tonight through the Nomorobo.com site, I am getting a message that it is no longer available for TWC VOIP customers. I also have seen internet postinings about glitches - has TWC stopped supporting the service via Nomorobo? How disappointing.

Observer

[ Edited ]

I am a San Diego TWC customer who is NOW using Nomorobo successful - for the last two weeks. Last year when I tried, I found that anyone calling from another TWC phone heard only one ring and then a disconnect sound (although I heard usual 5 rings until VM picks up). If they stayed on the apparently dead line long enough, either I answered or VM picked up. But most people didn't know to do that. I had to turn off the Answer Anywhere feature.

After getting 6 junk calls in one day last month, I tried again. Now it works. Maybe  TWC finally got it that people are giving up their landline phones because there was no way to block Anonymous, or Private or Unknown callers!