My Call ID is showing up as someone else's name when I call people.

Hello.  I have had multiple people tell me that my name is coming up as some other person on their call ID when I call them.  I have contacted Customer Service about this and they told me they fixed it, but just today I had another person tell me my name came up as this other guy.  What do I do?  Do I keep contacting customer service?  Obviously, they don't know how to fix it.

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: My Call ID is showing up as someone else's name when I call people.

Wrong ani/ali info can take a month to be cleared from all the different telco server databases across the country.  It can't be changed overnight .

Lead Moderator

Re: My Call ID is showing up as someone else's name when I call people.

Good morning. 

When had the request been made for this to be corrected? We can take a look at our information and check that our system is sending the correct information. If the other

telephone companies have not yet updated thinks yours will show incorrectly for their customers until that is done. If we can verify that we have things in the system correctly but a specific person/people are still reporting to you that they see the wrong name we would need to get a bit of information about who their phone carrier is so that we can put in a request for them to update.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums