More entries for robo call blocked or better program to catch robo offender.

I keep getting robo calls from people who are using the city as the caller I.d.Every time I answer it's the same company's different numbers.I kinda hope you are working on some sort of program that will recognize that the I.d is a city and a robo call. If not please let your customer block more than 30 numbers. I have told these people I am not interested and they continue to call.There are like 10 different solicitors that I have already blocked and they are using these new different numbers and the original number that is blocked calls as well.I am sure a lot of your customers will appreciate if you look into a better solution .
3 REPLIES
Helper

Re: More entries for robo call blocked or better program to catch robo offender.

[ Edited ]

Imlostletmein wrote:
I keep getting robo calls from people who are using the city as the caller I.d.Every time I answer it's the same company's different numbers.I kinda hope you are working on some sort of program that will recognize that the I.d is a city and a robo call. If not please let your customer block more than 30 numbers. I have told these people I am not interested and they continue to call.There are like 10 different solicitors that I have already blocked and they are using these new different numbers and the original number that is blocked calls as well.I am sure a lot of your customers will appreciate if you look into a better solution .
Nomoreobo should be blocking calls automatically.  To set this up you must opt in to the service:
1.) Log into My Account just like the forum here..
2.) Go to your Phone Options.
3.) Click on Voice Zone.
4.) Turn on Nomorobo.
5.) Optionally, you can turn on Basic Call Blocking.(Formerally Annimous Call Rejection,)
6.) Say Yes to turn on "Answer Anywhere" neaded for Nomorrobo to work
7.) Save your changes.
Now, when a Robocall or telemarketer comes through the phone will ring once, but the caller is blocked so that they can't leave a message.
You are confysing Nomorobo with Selective Call Block:
Selective Call Block blocks up to 30 numbers manually that you enter.
Nomorrbo is newer than selective call block, when it and Answer Anywere are turned on, it will automatically block the calls after the first ring. I have had no need for Selective Call Block numbers to add, because Nomorrobo when activated blocks them all.
If for some reason Nomorrobo is not blocking a number:
1.) Go to Nomorrobo's website and log in with their user name and password information that they sent to you via email after activating Nomorobo on Spectrum  My Account.
2.) When going to Nomorobo Settings, you can either enter numbers for Nomorobo to Whitelist (allow) or blacklist (block)  Be sure to save your changes.  I would recommend leaving the other settings as their defaults..
Satch

Newcomer

Re: More entries for robo call blocked or better program to catch robo offender.

I follow the instructions but no longer have capability for selective blocking and never had no more robo.
Maine
Helper

[ Edited ]

amc599 wrote:
I follow the instructions but no longer have capability for selective blocking and never had no more robo.
Maine
Wow.
Nomorrobo should be a part of My Account when you go to Phone Services.  I know you have to opt in to get it, but TWC and Charter/Spectrum now both have it/  My suggestion to you is, if you don't see Nomorrobo in your Phone Services in "My Account Settings" online, contact Spectrum with your name, address, phone number, and account# and ask them "Why Don't I have "Nomorrobo?"  As long as you have Spectrum phone service, this should be out for everyone.
Follow these instructions one more time:

You can setup Nomorobo using the following instructions:

1. Go to the My Account login page and login using your TWC ID.
  2. Click on the My Phone tab at the top right of the screen.
  3. Under Peace & Quiet, click "Nomorobo - Block unwanted robocalls".
  4. Click the radio button for "On - Block unwanted robo calls".
  5. Click "Okay" to view the Terms and Conditions.
  6. Check the checkbox for accepting the Terms and Conditions and click "Close".
  7. Click "Enable Answer Anywhere" on the Answer Anywhere alert.
    • Note: If Answer Anywhere has already been enabled, this step will be skipped.
  8. Click "Save Changes" at the bottom right of the screen.

What is happening as you go through these steps that you can not use Nomorrobo and turn it on in My Account Settings?  If you do not get Nomorobo to work after following these steps follow the instructions below:

Send this inquiry about Nomorrobo, along with your account information to @Forums_Help and see what they say. Anybody else have an idea why this user does not have Nomorobo?
Satch