Spectator

Getting lot of phone calls

Hi,

how can I remove my name/number from publicly getting listed. I am getting too many phone calls. thanks!

4 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Getting lot of phone calls

Thanks wrote:

Hi,

how can I remove my name/number from publicly getting listed. I am getting too many phone calls. thanks!

Greetings,

• First activate "Nomorrobo" by going to "My Account." (log in the same way you do to the forum)
  • Go to Digital Phone Settings
  • Select "Peace and Quiet."
  • Turn on Nomorobo
  • Say Yes to "Answer Anywhere."

Save your changes.  All Robocalls and Telemarketers will be dropped after the first ring of your phone. (No longer able to leave messages, I love it!)

I would also recommend turning on Anonymous Call Rejection under "Peace and Quiet."  You will need to save your changes.

Finally, you can contact TWC to have your phone directory listing unpublished.  There may be a  fee for this, don't know the details of that.  Contact TWC for details, or someone here might answer, is there a fee to remove your listing from TWC phone directory services?

Satch

Helper

Re: Getting lot of phone calls

[ Edited ]

I can vouch for Nomorobo, it seems to have helped a lot.
You can have your phone number changed, and or  private

listed for a fee, but remember once you start giving your number to vendors,
businesses, they are free as a bird to sell your number to data
brokers and before long your number will be effectively public..
Good luck.

Spectator

oiRe: Getting lot of phone calls

thanks for the replies!

Spectator

Re: oiRe: Getting lot of phone calls

Ive had a TWC phone for a few months. Never made a call and never answered it. Never gave the number out and don't even know it.

Lately I've been getting an increasing amount of calls. The only reason I have a handset plugged in is because its indicator on the router is the easiest way to see if the cable is online. Either it used to be someone else's number or TWC sold me.