Rookie

Expand Call Blocking

Please expand the number of numbers to be blocked in the 'peace and quiet' zone.

Thirty is simply not enough - nothing seems to stop them getting through.

6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Expand Call Blocking

mfla wrote:

Please expand the number of numbers to be blocked in the 'peace and quiet' zone.

Thirty is simply not enough - nothing seems to stop them getting through.

Hello,

You can stop all of those annoying Robocalls and Telemarketers by turning on Nomorobo in Spectrum phone services.  Here's how to do that:

1.) Login to My Account

2.) Go to your Phone Settings

3.) Select "Peace and Quiet"

4.) Select the "Nomorobo" tab

5.) Turn it on to Block Robocalls

6.) Say "yes" to activate "Answer Anywhere" (Needed for Nomorobo to work)

7.) Save your changes

Now, when a call comes through, any telemarketer calls will be dropped after the first ring.  If you have Cable/Phone Service from Spectrum, you will see the Caller ID on TV telemarketer name and number.  But after the first ring, Nomorrobo drops the call so that they can't leave a message and bother you anymore.  Important calls like School Closings, doctor and pharmacy calls are allowed through.  But no more sales people, scammers, or political hacks!

Note that you must allow your phone to ring once for Nomorobo to work.  We have had it activated for two years on Spectrum Phone and cannot recall even one robocall going through!  It is amazing!

Satch

[ Edited ]

Hello @mfla

We appreciate the feedback and will certainly pass this along for consideration in future updates to the voice features.

If they are Robo calls, you can always set up Nomorobo by following the steps outlined here:

https://www.nomorobo.com/signup

As well as what @Satch mentioned.

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - Spectrum Community Forums

Check out the community guidelines here
Rookie

Nomorobo is and has been activated for a lonnnng time - actually blocking individual numbers is the only thing that works.

Trusted Helper

[ Edited ]

mfla wrote:

Nomorobo is and has been activated for a lonnnng time - actually blocking individual numbers is the only thing that works.

What types of calls are you getting?

There are other settings in Phone Services to block calls as well as Nomorobo.  For example there is Call Blocking and Call Blocking Plus.  Anyone know the difference between Call Blocking and Call Blocking Plus?

Satch

Lead Moderator

We have several options.

Call Blocker Select-up to 30 specific numbers

Call Blocker Basic - Blocks calls where the caller has blocked or are anonymous

Call Blocker Plus - Blocks callers who "spoof" the caller ID 

Nomorobo- blocks calls from known telemarketers and robocallers

Call Blocker Accept- up to 30 numbers to accept calls from/blocks all others not on this list 

You can take a look at the phone features here: Phone Features

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

She is right I have everything active on my phone they are using the same area code (876) I have at least 25 Calls from that area code ,and I have peace and quite for about a week then they start using a new number,Hell I would ask if we could block a whole area code .

We need more spaces....Please !

Steve