Highlighted
Newcomer

Charging For VOIP Home Phone Service With No Functionality! Will Not Refund Part of Bundle!

Spectrum has apparently decided to keep TW customers in their own "world", rather than converting them into the Spectrum "world".

Ok. But after trying to launch VoiceZone, and reading all the posts here about it being discontinued, I called to cancel my VOIP service. They wouldn't do it! i nicely explained that I need a functional VOIP service where I can monitor calls and have a LOG of incoming and outgoing calls. After several more minutes on the phone, I was finally told that this was not possible with this service. I asked again to cancel this part of the bundle and was told (now rudely), that "we don't do that". (BTW, the VoiceZone NO LONGER WORKS. Even with an AdobeAir update, it will not connect)

Time Warner / Spectrum is charging us for service that DOES NOT WORK. I could go to Ooma, MagicJack or others and get this service for a fraction of the cost with all the functionality anyone would want.

Someone suggested that I go to the "Office of the President" at Time Warner to state my case. Moving over to the Spectrum world would be an option, but I would lose my "grandfathered" speed and other features.

This is just nutz! Thought maybe some would want to know.........

4 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Charging For VOIP Home Phone Service With No Functionality! Will Not Refund Part of Bundle!

I have been trying to find out if Spectrum had really shut down the VoiceZone Connect service for the last 3 weeks. Many reps were confused between the VoiceZone Connect feature and the Voicezone controls on their website. Many of the answers I received indicated that the ability to download the VoiceZone Connect app had been discontinued, but the service should still be working fine for most customers, but they were aware that there wan an issue and it was being worked on. It has now been out going on the 4th week. I checked again this morning with a Spectrum forum moderator and here is the reply I just received:

"The ability to download it has been discontinued. The customers who have it already will still be able to use it. We have been getting reports of it not working properly and it has been escalated to be looked into. But as of right now it should still work for those that already had it."

The statement  "it has been escalated to be looked into"   is disheartening, as this sounds like they haven't even begun to work on the issue yet, but at least most rep replies seem to indicate that they in fact have not dropped the service.

Sharer

Re: Charging For VOIP Home Phone Service With No Functionality! Will Not Refund Part of Bundle!

I can manage the voice mails on my VOIP line from the My TWC app on my phone in the Voice Zone section.

Contributor

The Voicezone control features, such as voicemail on the website are still working.

The issue is about VoiceZone Connect which is an app that allows display, blocking, and forwarding of phone calls on your computer, along with providing a phone contact list and autodialer.  It has not been working for almost a month now, and based on forum complaints, it is not working for anyone.

If there is anyone out there who is still able to use the VoiceZone Connect app, I would appreciate hearing from them.

We are seeing virtually no status and updates on the repair issue from any Spectrum reps recently.

Contributor

Just checked and mine is finally working again