Highlighted
Spectator

Caller ID on TV quit working

Telephone numbers no longer appear on my tv screen.  They show on my phone but quit showing on the tv.

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Caller ID on TV quit working

[ Edited ]

starscreeam wrote:

Telephone numbers no longer appear on my tv screen.  They show on my phone but quit showing on the tv.

What's up Starscream?

Double-check your Caller ID settings.  Press Settings, go to Caller ID and Select Set-Up.  Make Sure the Prompt is "On."

In rare instances when Caller ID goes out, it has been shown to be a server problem, almost NEVER a box problem, despite what the scripted phone and chat CSR's say.  You could TRY a box reboot, but it's unlikely to do anything.  Note everyone that Caller ID can take between 12-48 hours to show up on a new or swapped box..

If the Settings Prompt is on for Caller ID on TV, because that information resides on the server and not the box, all you are probably going to be able to do is wait for a few days and it should start showing up again.  We had an issue where the Caller ID on TV was logging the same calls about 5-6 times each.  After about 5 days, it got fixed.

Wish I could offer more help, but as Caller ID on TV is server based and not box-based, all you can do is wait.  Post back if you do a cold reboot.  (Unplug the box for 30 seconds) and somehow that fixes it.  One question.  Under Caller ID settings, are the calls being logged where the Caller ID prompt only does not show when the phone rings?  Or is the Caller's List blank when the phone rings as well?

Satch

Spectator

Re: Caller ID on TV quit working

Thanks, Satch.  The prompt is on and there's 21 calls on the list so it seems to be okay.  This happened off and on for awhile, then as of yesterday, it quit working all together so I guess we'll wait and see what happens.  While it's not a crisis as the caller ID on the telephone screen works, I just got spoiled by not having to get up and go look if the tv was on Smiley Happy