Rookie
teebee2e

Block calls from Unavailable or no number

I keep getting harassed by non stop daily calls from a number that comes up blank and says (unavailable) . I have turned on annonymous call rejection this does nor prevent these calls. How can we block a number that does not show up? I hope you guys (TWC) can find a solution soon because I know I'm not the only one receiving these.
Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
TWC-MichelleR

Re: Block calls from Unavailable or no number

Sorry to hear about the harrassing phone calls. If private call blocking is active and the calls are still coming in, unfortunately that is the only setting we can manage to block calls. Unknown calls are different to that of "private" calls in that the numbers are not in the database most likely by purpose of the caller, for example, calls being place via the Internet. 

You may also want to try putting you number on the do not call list via donotcall.gov. If these harrassing phone continue to persist, you may also file a police report. 

Thank you for participating in the TWC Community Forums!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramair

Someone complained that only 30 numbers can be blocked on the TWC phone system.  How do you block numbers on the system?  I have 30-number call blocking built into my Panasonic phones, but sure would like to find out how to block another 30 numbers via TWC.  Anyone know how to access the call block feature on TWC to add numbers to it?  I cannot find it here or in my own account on line.

The documentation left by the installer was terribly lacking in detail, very short explanation of the HD DVR cable boxes, nothing on the phone system, very little on the internet connection.  No manuals on anything, the remote control foldout was useless, etc.  On line documentation is not much better.  This forum has been more help than any chat or calls to TWC.

Please use plain text.
Rookie
teebee2e

this does not help at all. my number is on the do not call list it doesnt help.
Please use plain text.
Valued Participant
Fisherman

I managed to fill up my call blocking list within 2 months. I then purchased a Teleblocker off of Ebay for about $60. This device works quite well and allows the blocking of entire area codes (such as 866, 877, 888). It has the capacity to store up to 180 numbers, which only took me a little over a year to fill. There is a service called NOMOROBO that requires the Simultaneous Ringing (Answer Anywhere) feature, but as of this date is still not working with Time Warner system-wide as far as I know. This should be the ticket for getting rid of most Telemarketers, as it will be utilizing a nation-wide database of known DNC list violators and will also be able to spot numbers that make excessive amounts of calls over a period of time, which will certainly reconized spoofed numbers. I continue to wait for this service to work with TW.

Please use plain text.
Rookie
PJRobbins

I too have Digital Phone and am fed up with anonymous calls getting through. I too filled my call blocking list quite quickly but still have both anonymous and named calls getting through on the phone service that I am paying for. the NoMorRobo has also been installed but allows the first ring to get thru and then stops the call. One of the annoying callers now automatically calls back with a different number, BLUE VALLEY is blocked after first ring but it calls right back from an unavailable number. 

TWC is offering services here that do not work or have already been outfoxed. NOT SURE IF I WILL BE STAYING WITH TWC OR DIGITAL PHONE AFTER 12 MONTH PROMOTION IS OVER.

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
pats2

This will work if you do have a phone number(s) to block.

. sign in to account.

.on "my account" go to "my home phone"  (right side top).

. you are now in "VOICE ZONE" go to right side on  "SETTINGS" click on "MANAGE MY SETTINGS".

. you are in " VOICE ZONE SETTING" look at your settings on the right side "SELECTIVE CALL HANDLING"  to click "ON"  for "BLOCK  INCOMING CALLS FROM SPECIFIC PHONE NUMBERS"  click on "edit" ( in blue).  you will see "ADD PHONE NUMBERS TO CALL BLOCKING"  add numbers you want to block.  

. don't forget to click ON for " TURN BLOCKING ON".

. at the bottom click  "SAVE CHANGES".

Please use plain text.
Valued Participant
Fisherman

Time Warner recently added Answer Anywhere, so it now works with NOMOROBO. I have had NOMOROBO now for over a month and it works well at blocking calls from robocallers that use what appear as legitimate phone numbers. It does not block calls from "Unavailable", "Out of Area", or phony numbers like 000-000-0000.

These callers could easily be blocked right at the local Time Warner switch, but due to the politics of business, this will not happen soon, as many telephone providers (including Time Warner) actually provide the phone numbers or data circuits that are used by telemarketers and robocallers. Also, there are still old FCC regulations that prevent land line phone suppliers from blocking certain callers (this is no longer the case with cell phones or with Internet-based phone services). I would recommend signing up with NOMOROBO (a free service) and also installing a phone blocking device, such as the Teleblocker or others being sold on Ebay. These devices have the capability of not only blocking any number you enter into the blacklist of the device, but are also able to block the  "Unavailable", "Out of Area", or those phony numbers like 000-000-0000. Using both the NOMOROBO service and the local blocking device allows the best possible countermeasures against the bottom-feeder scumbag telemarketers.

Please use plain text.
TWC-MelissaO

Please use plain text.