Newcomer

A new Cap-Tel Landline phone with captioning /setup

Hi the representative who brought me the phone for my low vision and hearing issues , she set it up and it has 2 cables it uses 1 to phone line 1 and the other is HDMI port plug in! I use the phone app to forward my home calls to my cell when not at home! But after we set this new line up , I went on my cell phone TWC/Spectrum app and I unchecked all boxes for forwarding calls to use the land line at home! It wouldn't work and with all the apps boxes unchecked it still rolled the landlines calls to my cell phone??? Help! Please😀
2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: A new Cap-Tel Landline phone with captioning /setup

Contact whoever sold you this and see if they changed something in your phone service programming since that's the "new kid on the block"

Newcomer

Re: A new Cap-Tel Landline phone with captioning /setup

It's working great but not always sending me callers who are in my contacts list on my iPhone via your phone to go App, also the other issue as of last week August 26th 2017; is when I updated the wifi calling and installation of new updated version that popped up on my screen , I followed your directions and put user name & password hit save went into my iPhone settings under wifi hit wifi and installed new current wifi passpoint but every time I'd do it when I'd go to the wifi finder App on my iPhone which is Spectrums TWC App for Wifi finder it kept showing that pop up and wouldn't show my map or my address kept saying I had to put in Los Angelos area and zip code so I did and all the hotspots showed up for that region but I tried again putting my address and city & State & Zip code and it won't open to the wifi finder and map !!! Just repeats the same pop up message to input my user name & password and hit save and I do that, it stays on my screen in wifi finder Ap! I went to my google maps hit my home address and still same issue !! So I uninstalled wifi finder and went to App Store and installed the Spectrum / TWC/SPECTRUM wifi Finder APP went through whole process again!! I called Spectrum and talked with supervisor after several attempts and a few chat messages online within your acct App and talked to a tech who ran a check on my home system and he said it's fine!! It shows on my iPhone I have wiFi and am connected but in the phone 2 go app it used to
Have a drop down box showing if I'm online, offline ,Busy, or other and a green dot by my profile in the app showing I'm online! What happened to that feature??? Why is that not showing? I migrated all iPhone contacts to TWC/Spectrum App when I uninstalled the Apps and reinstalled them!! It had been backed up so no trouble with contacts showing up in the App itself !! But how am I supposed to now put their phone numbers in and my own personal phone numbers I use to call from in my Spectrum App profile? Do I have to add 0+1805...-.... or is it +1805 or is it 011+805 within the app and on my iPhones contacts list ? For all contacts or just out of state phone numbers or just international numbers I may call on my international calling plan ??? I'm really confused as you all keep changing things pretty much every week!!! Too, what the heck is wrong with your customer support ppl not knowing the proper package rates and giving me me 3 different rates for same stuff I was grandfathered into TWC and when my sister moved out she took her smart tv and I down graded my pkg to 100 mgbts per sec, Basic Cable and my phone a calif. life line phone with captioning due to low vision ( Tel-Cap uses their own captioning service , I have it plugged into my modem and have calls forwarded to my cell which works! But ya all were supposed to give me a package deal and it was quoted 3 different quotes all under 100. Including taxes!! You now have me paying 117.00 a month and your charging me 49.99 for Wifi and 23.+ for Cable TV and 29.99 for the phone but tell me it's 19.99 for California life line and 5.00 extra for international calling ! Plus a low cost per minute for international calls when I used to have the Global peen Plan international calling & unlimited local and free USA calling ! So how on earth did you manage to come up with such a high cost of $49.99 for WiFi for just 100 mgbts per sec? Yet when I use my Roku box it buffers crazy and doesn't load all the pictures of the movies available & as well as other streaming apps on my TV!! I'm so angry because your supposed to provide better service at cheaper rates yet you are charging every tax, fees, relay fees and connection fees etc... that it's insane!! I'm low income and permanently disabled and the Government says your supposed to supply us with free internet and not charge us if we are below poverty level which I am most deffinately & have no family aid other than the shared family plan on my iPhone my family provided for me! I use the home wifi for all international calls I make which are only about 3-4 short phone calls per month to other countries where I have friends & Family ( spiritually speaking & of my own faith) whom I contact or contact me!! Ya all are really messed up right now and then you send me my bill and all that I was promised isn't there‼️‼️‼️ Too your Apps aren't working right and I adhere to your laws and agreements as set forth in your stated dos and do not lists! Then the supervisor I spoke with last week tells me that after a year on New Spectrums deal that my wiFi will increase from $49.99 to $69.99 per month at the 100 mbtps after the first year with Spectrum pkg!!! What on earth are you thinking???? I already have had other offers from within your bills sent to me this last month and for September 2017 for cheaper bundled pkg with more channels , on demand channels and more streaming content Apps but you won't give me that deal!!! You say it doesn't apply to me ?? So why send it with my bill??? Target your customers you want and want to keep with a lot better offers!! I think you'll have a lot less complaints if your a lot more loyal to your existing customers !!! I am so fed up with your apps not working and yeah TWC phone 2 go App has always been an issue and the app failed on me while at home via wifi and within using the app for international calling I was charged a whopping $400.00 when I was on wifi and using the international calling App ( but I resolved that from ever happening again with the iPhone carrier using a safeguard App they have! And TWC was transitioning to SPECTRUM & SHOULDVE MADE THE ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE KNOWN ISSUES WITH ALL THE APPS USED BY TWC/SPECTRUM!!! I am super careful making any calls from within the app and making sure I've enabled international calling !! But if your TWC/SPECTRUM APP KEEPS FAILING ME , ILL HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER CABLE/ wifi internet company & just call it quits with Twc-NOW Spectrum Services!! Your not the only option out there and you'll keep losing customers by doing what your doing with hiking up the costs after a years service with you on Bundled services which really should go down I. Cost !! Not Increased!! It really bothers me how I can go through my iPhone carrier for internet wifi and international calling and TV services for all my devices for way less than what I pay you guys!! So maybe I'll just do that and bypass all your nonsense and poor business practices that you first said you'd not do to existing clients !! And ones who chose to switch over to SPECTRUM !! Too the place I live just got Wifi for the property and for their tenants like all their other low income renters! Hmmm Sounds good to me! Wonder what other ppl are thinking???