Rookie

technicolor DTA remote problem

So I originally installed the adapter months ago and worked fine but all of a sudden the remote can change the chanels nor turn on and off the tv im stuck on the same channel since i cant change it

i replaced the batteries 3 times an nothing

i tried holding the 1 and 3 buttons then the power button about too many times to cout and nothing

i meen it worked perfectly fine for months the remote should work it light up when ever a button is pressed

8 REPLIES
Seasoned Contributor

Re: technicolor DTA remote problem

Rookie

ive tried that multiple times it work when  first recieved the adapter a couple months ago but now it just not workin

Expert

get another remote from TWC.... It must be the technicolor one. It also needs to be married to the box so I'd suggest another box as well

Rookie

thats what one of there reps said i might have to do so i guess i have to send it back an get a new one.what a major inconvience on twc part and  thank you though

Expert

don't you have a TWC store near you?

Expert

The other thing to try is, unplug power to the box. take out the batteries for 10 minutes and hold down a couple buttons for a minute. Put in new batteries. power up the box, see if it works, if not, retry the marrying proceedure

Rookie

yes i do but due to my work schedule and there business hoursdont work out well

Helper

They can mail you one, and don't let them charge you, since its their equipment failure.