jal
Valued Contributor

Switched Digital Video Channels Not Working

I have several Tivos.  On each of them, almost every channel says "Probelm with Signal on this Channel."  Only the locals come in as well as a few other channels like Fox News.  I've reset the boxes and the tuning adapters, to no avail.  Suggestions?

6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Switched Digital Video Channels Not Working

sounds like you lost your upstream path... Do you have a cable modem you can grab levels from?

Basicly, that's what a TA is, a CM...

Spectator

I have had the same problem for about 10 days with a TIVO, tuning adapter and cable card. Swapped TWC equipment etc. repair process still going on. NYC at zip code 10280.
Expert

see if the tivo will show you the TA's levels, They'll be listed as OOB upstream in the 10-45mhz range and the OOB downstream, usually around 75 Mhz

jal
Valued Contributor

All the tivos are working correctly now.  The problem lasted a few hours.   Thanks for all of the responses.

Make sure that Time Warner didn't send a technician out, without you knowing about it, to install a physical trap in the line, for whatever reason. The trap to restrict certain television packages cuts off certain frequencies that are needed in order for switched digital video (SDV) channels to work. The trap is easy enough to spot. It will be generally up on the pole where the cable splits off to your house. It's about 5 inches long, metal, and cylindrical.

Expert

They also have some square blocks that look like splitters