Newcomer

Alert:Tuner or HDD Unavailable

Several times a week my cable box will stop working and have a message that says Tuner or HDD Unavailable. Tuner or recording being watched is unavailable. This can be due to higher priority activities or HDD overtemp. What in the world does this even mean? I have taken the box back several times and it still does this. I'm tired of paying for TWC and it never works. AT&T will be my next option if no one can tell me what's going on. I'm fed up. No one I. Customer Services can tell me what's wrong!
11 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Alert:Tuner or HDD Unavailable

May be a signal issue.

If you have twc internet, copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages.

DO NOT RESET THE MODEM, need the historical data.

Next, on the cbl remote, hold in the select button for 10 seconds then hit the up arrow. What are the IB levels and the OOB levels?

Rookie

Having the same issue,no cable,internet, and no one can explain me whats going on. Is there any way to fix it or I need to wait 3 days for the technician
Observer

Same issues read my post, "Worst customer service and service ever"
Expert

No one can read your minds.. Where are you all at?

Newcomer

My parents are experiencing the same issue on ONE of their TV/Boxes. However, not on any other devices. Can this be fixed or does a tech need to come out?

Newcomer

any fixes for this yet? having the same issue, customer chat sucks.

Community Manager

@nasik805

I apologize for any service issues.  If you need direct assistance with your services, we can be reached directly by private message at TWC_ForumsHelp.  

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Newcomer

Mine is doing that now...no help w customer service
Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I'm getting the same message even after several reboots on only one of my two boxes (the otehr one works fine). It appears in a blue box at the bottom of the screen.

"Alert

Tuner or HDD Unavailable

Tuner or recording being watched it unavailable. This can be due to higher priority activities or HDD overtemp."

I'm also noticing another message that flashes very quickly just before the main message that says, "Insufficient Resources Unable to perform selection, no resources available."

We've swapped out this box twice now. Sometimes I'll get a few channels and maybe if I'm lucky, an on demand selection. But we have never had access to all the channels and on demand features (on demand hasn't worked in weeks) and my premium channels are always a mess. All the wires are new, and the tv is only 5 years old. It's absolutely frustrating to pay for a service that doesn't work properly. Customer service has no idea what this on screen message means and many have never heard of it at all.

also, does "overtemp" mean something is overheated? Is this a safety concern?