Valued Participant

Time Warner Cable why are you not allowing TIVO Customers to access On Demand Content

[ Edited ]

Time Warner Cable why are you not allowing TIVO Customers to access On Demand Content. Comcast has worked with TIVO to enable their on demand content to work on the TIVO Platforum. I reactivated my TIVO's due to your company giving me three bad DVR Boxs in a row. First one would not pause recorded content, Second One had a bad hard drive and would lose the recording on a reboot when it froze, and the third one did not have Time Warner Cable Navigator installed on it and was telling me to call and activate the cable card in their leased box. But back to my orginal point why is Time Warner Cable not working with TIVO like Comcast has to enable this feature for your paying customers. Cox is now starting to work with TIVO to make their on demand avaible to TIVO customers.

6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Time Warner Cable why are you not allowing TIVO Customers to access On Demand Content

[ Edited ]

TWC is still struggling to get local channels added to IPTV. They are a year behind in the deletion of analog and addition of qam data and video channels not to mention, the servers are already overloaded with people streaming via netflix and Amazon,  and TWCTV

On demand is presently on Qam video channels using bandwidth there.

Helper

Re: Time Warner Cable why are you not allowing TIVO Customers to access On Demand Content

ON Demand Video uses a technology called switched digital video(oddly named) that instead of broadcasting the channel to everyone, you get a direct internet connection, beyond that I do not know if the cable cards are capable of doing SDV.
Valued Participant

Switched Digital Video is handled by a tunning adapter. In my market they use Scientific Atlanta Cable Cards which is now Cisco and a Cisco Tunning adapter due to Cincinnati having a Scientific Atlanta Headend. Comcast uses the TIVO internet connection to signal instead of the tunning adapter and or cable card doing the signaling. Cox is working to deploy that to their customers. Even if Time Warner Cable did not want to do what Comcast did, they could easily write an internet app for tivo to use their online version of on demand.

Valued Participant

[ Edited ]

Time Warner Cable Cox has officaly annoced making it's ondemand lineup avaible to TIVO's Retail Customers. Here is the Link to artical http://www.fiercecable.com/story/cox-integrates-vod-services-tivo-retail-set-tops/2015-06-01

Why is your company refusing to enable on demand functiality on TIVO set top boxs? The technolagy is their to enable the feature. It seems like your company is using your market power anti competitivly to force set top box rentals. I would hate to think that is the reason for Time Warner Cable not to enable this feature.

Newcomer

Not having On demand still means I'm using multiple boxes to access everything, which sucks!
Participant

Been exchanging notes on Weaknees Forum on this topic also. The equipment is not compatible with TWC cable box which in turn I am told is the only way to get On Demand except if we rent there DVR. I remain confused however because earlier this year we received the free gift of 3 months HBO if we wanted it or not. Those channels were I believe 511 and 512. Which I am guessing were on demand. If so the capability is there as it does not make sense to send 500 through 506 as On Demand then just up the band change to just switched digital just for HBO. Probably don’t know what I am talking about but there it is. It alsom my be that On Demand channels willl just be more stuff most people will not watch any way

John