Browser

Not authorized

I have TiVo Roamio. It is brand new and was not installed until just before Time Warner's switch to all-digital as of August 11, 2015. In three different situations I have encountered "not authorized". The first time was when my TV had been turned off. I turned it on and was told the channel was not authorized and to contact my cable company. I have no idea how the TV even got on a channel that was not authorized.

The second time, "Jeopardy" didn't record and when I went to where I could find out why, it said the channel was 'not authorized". However, this is a basic channel and is even available in my very basic package with only broadcast channels and a few others.  

The third time, 10:00 news on WCCB wouldn't record for three straight nights. Then I noticed "The Simpsons" wouldn't record either. I turned to WCCB and was told it was "not authorized". Again, this is a broadcast channel in the very basic package. "The Simpsons" did record just after I did that, and 30 minutes later when I was through recording and did a channel scan (which wasn't available with an M-card, so I did the same thing manually), WCCB worked just fine. 

6 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Not authorized

We are sorry to see that your forum peers did not jump into assist with this issue. 

If you are looking for direct support regarding service issues, billing, promotional offers, or cancellation / installation, we encourage you to contact us via one of the following methods:  

Thank you for participating in the Forums.

Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,

Paul B.

Browser

The email telling me I got a reply went to my junk folder. Nothing has happened lately and I don't see where calling anyone is going to help.

Spectator

[ Edited ]

You'll find quite often the tuning adapter will "forget" what it's suppose to do.  Usually the best way to fix it is to unplug the power from the tuning adapter for 30 seconds, plug it back in and wait until you get a solid green light again.  Once you do, try the channels to see if it cleared up.  If not, or if the light keeps blinking, reboot the TiVo through the help menu.  Sometimes it takes a couple of times for them to learn how to communicate again.

If this fails to work, you may need a service tech to find out what the problem is.  A weak signal makes this all worse.

Tuning adapters are one of the worst excuses out there so TWC can squeeze more channels into a small stream saving them money and screwing customers who don't want to use their crappy DVR.  If they ever come out with one that will do season passes like TiVo, they would have me trying it just because TWC has hurt TiVo's performance through no fault of TiVo.  As usual TWC cares more about money than having a system that works, and is up more than down.  Two things they don't have here, and they are the ONLY provider available.

A better place to look for things regarding TiVo, go to http://www.tivocommunity.com

Participant

I recently went through a similar but more extensive experience so I pass this on incase it might help others. Something Y’all might try before a truck roll. In my case “All” my channels suddenly were “Not Authorized”. TWC rebooted my Cable Card and tuning adapter several times then sent a technician to the house. All he did was call in to have my account “Reinitialized” Poof! .. channels were all back. Something to think about that I never did

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

n4zx wrote:

I recently went through a similar but more extensive experience so I pass this on incase it might help others. Something Y’all might try before a truck roll. In my case “All” my channels suddenly were “Not Authorized”. TWC rebooted my Cable Card and tuning adapter several times then sent a technician to the house. All he did was call in to have my account “Reinitialized” Poof! .. channels were all back. Something to think about that I never did

EXACTLY the same thing just happened to us.  After using online chat for about an hour and them  about to schedule an in-person technician visit, I pleaded for them to try to reactivate our account.  They transferred me to Tier 3, and when I finally got to someone, they sent a "reauthorization" signal, and voila!  We're back in business with channels. 

Participant

Glad to read you are back in business ...