Highlighted
Observer

HBO Go on TIVO - Time Warner not listed as a provider (Resolved TWC Now available)

[ Edited ]

TIVO recently deployed a HBO Go application. When I tried to activate the device, Time Warner is not listed as a provider. Why is that?

It works on other devices such as Roku, XBox, Playstation, but Time Warner is not listed as a provider when the device is a TIVO.

If you go to the www.hbogo.com/activate site, enter TIVO as your device, a list of TV providers will come up. Time Warner is not listed as one of the providers when the device is TIVO. If you say you have a Roku as your device, Time Warner is listed.

9 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: HBO Go on TIVO - Time Warner not listed as a provider

Mine too. Time to switch to DirecTV.
N/A

I noticed this yesterday also...  I was able to activate the HBO GO on my Roku and other devices but would really like it to work on my Tivo also.

Rookie

Yeah confirmed here too. Sucks. I already run it through PS3 but that is loud when on and the playback is a little jumpy. I was hoping the TiVo would be better but no Time Warner.
Spectrum Employee

Mangoarts wrote:
Mine too. Time to switch to DirecTV.

Have fun, DirecTV is not on that list either, unless you live in Puerto Rico. Comcast also didn't seem to make the grade along with a lot of other major providers. HBO is apparently either not offering TWC and other subscribers access to TiVO users, or there are still negotiations in progress for such access. In the meantime, there are many many other streaming services that TWC customers can use to access HBO Go.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
IR1
Newcomer

Here's where to write. It took me about 15 minutes to file all 3 complaints.

FCC complaint: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/h..._form_id=33794

Executive level TWC customer complaint: http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/ou...b/contact.html

Standard TWC complaint: http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/su...-feedback.html

Observer

I tried one of your links but it didn't work.  I think it may be due to the ".." characters in the the link.

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

TWC support informed me this morning about a contract negotiation between TiVo and TWC.

For now, I'll just have to use HBO Go on my Chromecast, it still works fine on that.  It should also work on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV stick and Roku.

Spectrum Employee

I believe this was added 3/2

Rookie

Re: HBO Go on TIVO - Time Warner not listed as a provider (Resolved TWC Now available)

Yep it is now added. The only complaint I have is that I can't find out how to add CC. We watch a lot of British shows and CC helps with the accents.