Spectator

BBC and a few other channels not in HD on my TiVO with Tuning Adapter

We just moved and now have TWC... I've got the cablecard and TA working, along with Moca and my Roamio basic and Mini work mostly great... I am in Austin, TX

My question:
Time Warner did some shuffle last year where they got rid of SD/HD separate channels and automatically detect based on equipment to give you SD or HD... Most of the HD channels work correctly, but a few (some of the HBO's, BBC America, and others, probably 15 total that I've found from my "favorites" channels) are showing in SD with 16:9 picture but with bars on the side... I've tried re-running guided setup, rebooting the TA, rebooting the TiVO, but no help...

How do I fix this? My wife is not please as she watches a bunch of shows on BBCA and they now look terrible...  

Thanks!

4 REPLIES
Expert

Re: BBC and a few other channels not in HD on my TiVO with Tuning Adapter

njhorn wrote:

We just moved and now have TWC... I've got the cablecard and TA working, along with Moca and my Roamio basic and Mini work mostly great... I am in Austin, TX

My question:
Time Warner did some shuffle last year where they got rid of SD/HD separate channels and automatically detect based on equipment to give you SD or HD... Most of the HD channels work correctly, but a few (some of the HBO's, BBC America, and others, probably 15 total that I've found from my "favorites" channels) are showing in SD with 16:9 picture but with bars on the side... I've tried re-running guided setup, rebooting the TA, rebooting the TiVO, but no help...

How do I fix this? My wife is not please as she watches a bunch of shows on BBCA and they now look terrible...  

Thanks!

some of that is incorrect, depending on the zip code you're in...

Many of the headends are still being changed, see if there's a second "duplicate" channel with different resolution.  You'll find a few.

The "automatic best resolution" TWC announced 2 years ago, does not work and they abandonned the concept due to non compatable devices in homes and the unaffordable changeout of boxes. They now have different programming for the highest resolution channel and spit it out the box to the tv.

Tivo, Ceton, SD,  Haupage are all consumer owned devices and not supported by TWC and it's up to the customer to find and put the channels they want into the scan -favorite lists

Spectator

As far as I can tell it is all correct for 78729. Most all of my channels come in as Hd and there are not duplicates. There is definitely not a duplicate of BBCA and HBO2P
Expert

someone in 78729 that has a TWC cable box needs to verify that.

Spectator

I actually have one, i'll check it tongiht