Newcomer

Re: WiFi Passpoint injects ads, please stop it.

Interesting that TWC is being so evasive!!!

Spectator

I saw another injected ad modifying a web page using Safari on a Mac running OS X 10.10. My page had injected scripts from IP addresses of 107.14.53.44 and 107.14.53.76. A quick whois search shows these IP addresses (and the whole 107.8.0.0/13 range) as belonging to "ROAD-RUNNER-HOLDCO-LLC" and "Time Warner Cable Internet LLC (RRMA)".

The page was an unencrypted Craigslist page and there was an image and two scripts injected. If I didn't know better it would seem as though it was Craigslist itself that sent those scripts. Craigslist is not amused I'm sure.

Do you still claim not to inject ads?

Do you want screenshots?

N/A

I have seen similar behavior on TWC WiFi spots that I have used at businesses that have signs for TWC WiFi being available and logging me in through TWC. Little ad banners pop up for TWC on different sites.

I noticed the same behavior too on a legitimate TWCWiFi hotspot. I grabbed all the details I could like a packet capture, screenshots, and arp table, etc.  and called the number that TWC-JeremiahS gave. The guy on the phone was helpful as he could be, took down the details and said one of the engineers would check into it.