Unable to connect to TWC wifi hotspots anymore

My iPhone6s plus used to connect find up until about July 2017. I've been trying to resolve this ever since. Yesterday I spoke with someone from wifi support. First he told me that the hotspot was moved one street over and that I would have to sit in from of that address to use it. Then he told me the hotspot wasn't sending a signal, but I told him I'm getting a signal when I request for one on TWC wifi finder. Then he said it's something else that's not turned on that will show a signal but won't connect because the switch to connect was off. He kept changing his story then finally said he would create a trouble ticket and someone was going to get in touch with me. Pfff. What a joke. Anyway I'm posting my experience on all my social media accounts and many people said the same thing. Well, it's a good thing there's another provider I can go to. At this point I would pay more for less service on princible.
13 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Unable to connect to TWC wifi hotspots anymore

Are they on the street or in a business? If the latter, contact the business owner and have them call TWC.

The Ruckus biz hotspots have a pretty decent 2.4 gHz signal but the 5.8 gHz is illegal to use outside.

Max distance setting is I believe 500' on the indoor ones even though you may have full signal beyond that. they measure the 186,000 miles per second propagation delay to limit distance...

Try another hotspot, if it doesn't work, login on your home wireless and then change your password. There are issues with the switch to spectrum and passwords/ user accounts aren'y getting corrected unless you do a password change.

Also the AP might need to be installed and run first time on your home connection.

The above primarily has applied to TWCTV that's "watchspectrumnow"

Browser

I am experiencing the same issue - I rely on twcwifi hotspots throughout the day all over Los Angeles and have never before had a problem connecting. I have called in 5 of them now - each one requires a 25-30 min phone call. A week later and the same spots are still not operating (signal is full bars, but when trying to connect it says "no internet connection".
Browser

What is "the AP needs to be installed and run on your home system"?
Newcomer

Yes I'm having the same issue. I'm here in Los Angeles and all over the beverlywood area there are about 5 or 6 TWC WiFi hotspots. I cannot connect to any of them whereas a few weeks ago they were working just fine. Now all it says is limited access and at the very top it's stuck on identifying and doesn't move from there. This is definitely an issue on their end and they need to resolve it ASAP
Lead Moderator

Good morning all!

When your are phoning in are you calling the TWC WIFI Support contact number 888-851-9350?

If not I would suggest that number for assistance with the hotspots. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

Hi guys. I just got off the phone with a TWC WiFi customer support rep, and he confirmed that it *IS* in fact an issue on their ened, and that they've been getting a lot and I mean a *LOT* of troubleshooting tickets over the last couple weeks regarding the issue. He told that most of the outdoor hotspots in California are not functioning, and that they're doing the best they can to fix the issue. Welp, guess we'll just have to wait patiently and see what hjappens. Glad I was at least able to confirm it's a TWC/Spectrum issue.

Expert

You may also have businesses that have discontinued service with TWC/Spectrum , returned the modems but left the Ruckus AP powered up and running.. It will still have a twc SSID but since there's no modem, no internet....

Newcomer

Hmmm

Browser

[ Edited ]
Understand -- however -- the hotspots that I am attempting to connect to are outdoor TWWiFi hotspots -- in three weeks I have only been able to connect to two of them and now they are down as well.