Rookie

TWCWiFi and CableWiFi hotspots broken across Charlotte, NC

Is there a reason that none of the hotspots in Charlotte NC will function properly? I have tried hotspots ranging from Meyers Park to Ballantyne - none of them will connect! Every couple of hours I will get about a 5 minute window of wifi and then it goes out again.

They are showing up, but are broken. Fix this.

5 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: TWCWiFi and CableWiFi hotspots broken across Charlotte, NC

weavertd704 wrote:

Is there a reason that none of the hotspots in Charlotte NC will function properly? I have tried hotspots ranging from Meyers Park to Ballantyne - none of them will connect! Every couple of hours I will get about a 5 minute window of wifi and then it goes out again.

They are showing up, but are broken. Fix this.

Do you know if others can use it?  Was it working BEFORE the merger?

In my market, experience is that there are too many wifi routers nearby and my devices keep on slamming from one to the other, or there is just too much interference to connect...

Rookie

There are only two others that I know of who have TWC accounts set up and use the hotspots in my work office; neither can connect. I am unsure of how many people connect to the other 4 or 5 that I have tested.

They were working perfectly fine up until the middle of last week (4/19ish)

Expert

Try a different device

Rookie

Miraculously, whenever I complain about TWC via the internet, the problem somehow fixes itself within the hour. Magic.

Established Sharer

Since the hotspots are inside your workplace premises, one would assume that they were placed there for benefit of your customers.  Have your employer bug TWC to either "make them work or get them out of here!"  But also realize that hotspots are provisioned for short-term use, typically either 30 or 60 minutes, after which your visitor IP will be disconnected.