Newcomer

TWC wifi hotspots stopped working after I switched to Spectrum.

I went to the local store to try and get a price drop after my bill jumped $10. They said everything would be the same if I switched to the Spectrum deal and it would save me $40 so I did. But last night I was out at a favorite restaurant who has the free TWC wifi and it would not allow me to connect and said I needed to upgrade my account. What gives when I switched I got upgraded services not basic service that it was implying I had. Very displeased as TWC free wifi is never really free have to have an account which costs me money to maintain or I can't use it so it's NOT FREE.

How do I get it back.
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: TWC wifi hotspots stopped working after I switched to Spectrum.

@Fskrot

I apologize for the frustration.  For assistance with HotSpots, please contact HotSpot support directly at 1-888-851-9350.

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Established Sharer

Fskrot wrote:
I went to the local store to try and get a price drop after my bill jumped $10. They said everything would be the same if I switched to the Spectrum deal and it would save me $40 so I did. But last night I was out at a favorite restaurant who has the free TWC wifi and it would not allow me to connect and said I needed to upgrade my account. What gives when I switched I got upgraded services not basic service that it was implying I had. Very displeased as TWC free wifi is never really free have to have an account which costs me money to maintain or I can't use it so it's NOT FREE.

How do I get it back.

Oh please, you don't really believe that TWC-->Spectrum's WiFi hotspots are available for free to the general public, do you?  Of course you have to be a TWC-->Spectrum subscriber above the basic tier to use them. 

Expert

The account is either wrong or you need to change your password. You need to change the "My SERVICES"password in TWC or whatever it's called in spectrum. That then authenticates your device as a spectrum customer, You also need to do it at home on your home network, possibly need to delete and reinstall the aps...

This even though your email and home connections still seem to work.

There are also fake TWC wifi hotspots set up to data mine and steal your info, they should be reported.

Or, the business still has a Ruckus hotspot powered up and it's seperate modem is either disconnected, disabled or non existant. They do not use all in ones or share the business class modems , It's totally seperate from the business class internet and the 3rd business phone modems....