TWC Wifi-finder access denied trying to login

I'm trying to login to the Wifi finder app and I'm getting an access denied error message

15 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: TWC Wifi-finder access denied trying to login

Getting the same thing and the Spectrum app says I am not on their network...which technically I am home on my TWC network, but I hope this is not another ploy to make us switch over to the more expensive Spectrum plan.
Newcomer

Having the same problem. Very annoying. Almost ready to dump the whole TV Internet Telephone package. Paying good money and getting less than what was promised. Enough already!!!
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

@Bluegal62  Are you able to log into other of our Apps? 

What steps if any have you taken to troubleshoot? Have you removed the app, restarted the phone and then reinstalled? 

What type of telephone are you using? 

I would encourage you to contact our social media customer care team with this. 

Please provide them with your account number, your username and some information 

about what is happening. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Ok, let me explain this better.  I have the TWC WiFi-finder app on 2 mobile phones: an iPhone and an Android phone.  Everyone else in the household has mobile phones and the TWC WiFi-finder app.  We bought a new cable/internet/ wfif modem for the house, and had it registered with TWC/Spectrum.  All was fine with all TWC apps before the new modem.  The other apps work fine, no problems logging in.  The TWC WiFi finder app however, sees all the mobile phones as not connected to the internet, ask you to login in to your internet modem with your cable modem credentials, and it gives you back an error message access denied.  The TWC WiFi-finder app will not let you login to the app using your modem credentials, which is weird because the devices ARE  connected to the WiFi in the house via the modem.  The app itself according to the AppStore hasn't been updated in almost a year.  I'm pretty sure the app itself needs a serious update.  I will attach 2 screen shots of the problem for you to see

Yes, I have reinstalled the app several times and to no avail.
Lead Moderator

[ Edited ]

Screen shots of what you are seeing would be helpful.

TWC/Spectrum WiFi Hotspots are not tied to your home wireless network. 

For the WiFi Finder you want to use your TWC ID and password to login.  If you can tell us at what point you are seeing the issue. 

If you will review the videos and let us  know where the issue is happening. 

Apple WiFi Finder App

Android WiFi Finder App

Regards,
Julia R.

Lead Moderator

@Bkcwilliams  The issue with the Spectrum TV app is not related to the WiFi Finder app.

We are currently working to resolve an issue with Spectrum TV.  @Bluegal62 issue with 

the WiFi Finder are not related. 

Thank you for your participation in the forums.

Regards,
Julia R.

How do I post screenshots here??
Lead Moderator

First you will click the little camera icon at the top of where you compose your message: 

photo1.JPG

Then you will select the photo you have saved to your computer:

photo2.JPG

Then select the size and orientation then just click Done in the lower right side :

pic3.JPG

Regards,
Julia R.