Contributor

TWC WIFI passport issue "not verified"

Went to use the wifi while at the time warner cable store today and I downloaded a new profile via the TWC wifi app. The profile is supposed to let me surf securely from what I've read. However when installing the new profile on my iPhone 6, it warns me that it's "not verified."

Could this be an expired certificate issue? If so how does one make time warner aware of the problem?
13 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: TWC WIFI passport issue "not verified"

If you are still in need of assistance please do contact our WiFi customer support team.

You can reach them directly at 1-888-851-9350

Regards,

Julia R. 

Contributor

I have and am waiting for them to call back. They were supposed to have called yesterday but didn't. They had to make a case number for it and move it to a higher level of support. Not sure where things are with it.
Contributor

Nothing resolved by contacting Apple and TWC. The TWC wifi app needs to be updated with better profiles as I can't access hotspots anymore.
Newcomer

Hi, have you still not received an answer to the authenticity question? I got all the way to that point and stopped the install also. I'd like to know exactly what that means before preceding.
Contributor

TWC is aware of the issue and claims its affecting iOS devices and some Android devices. They have yet to resolve the issue and are working on it. It's really annoying how long this is taking.
Observer

I downloaded the app two days ago and received the same message.Also it asks for the Device and Mac address.

Twc does not know what Mac address to use. One said my modem/wyfy at home and another said to call apple.

well my Iphone 4 does not display the full Mac address and apple will not provide it. I am waiting for my Iphone 6 next week to see if it displays the full Mac address.

Here is the contact twctechsupport@san.rr.com

Corporate:

I do not have them, but google TWC and ther are two frustrated clientsa displaying the corporate level e-mail contacts

Rookie

I am having the same issue. jas any received a resolution?

I like using this app on my iPhone and iPad because I will be using it a lot  and I will be telling my friends and family 

WayneBrazell