Rookie

Phone keeps trying to connect to TWCWifi- can't stop it!

Please help Smiley Happy

Months ago, I downloaded the TWC apps to my phone...but found them useless as I already have decent 4g access and because all the hotspots are in usless places (like insurance offices, spas, podiatrists, etc.).  However, my android phone is still trying to connect to TWCWifi anytime I get near --- and I keep getting this silly popup

I have removed all TWC apps including TWC TV, My TWC, TWC Wifi Finder.

I have rebooted my phone multiple times.

I have selected to "forget" TWC Wifi spots when they show.

I have selected to not autoconnect to TWC Wifi spots

I have gone into my list of Wifi spots and ensured all TWC spots were removed.

I've done all kinds of things, yet I continue to get that popup over and over as I drive around my town.  It's getting really annoying Smiley Happy

Is there a fix for this please?

4 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Phone keeps trying to connect to TWCWifi- can't stop it!

When you delete the various SSIDs for the TWC WiFi installations you must match the spelling PRECISELY, including spaces, underscores, hyphens, upper and lower case attributes, etc. You may also find user help files available on line for your specific model of Android smart phone and operating system from your service provider.
Helper

[ Edited ]

Yes, that is the Android wifi connection manager, Click on the WIFI button ton top of back panel... Find TWCWiFI in the list......hold your finger on the entry a little menu pops... Click Forget.. You should be good to go. Post back if it works, Good luck

Rookie

Thanks for the reply -- but as mentioned in my original post, I did indeed do exactly that.....but it still tries to connection for some reason.

Rookie

Thanks for the reply, but this makes no sense.  I shouldn't have to type any particular SSID as all SSIDs just show up as a list on my phone.  Even so, the SSID for TWC Wifi doesn't ever show up on my phone (since I told the phone to forget TWC Wifi).  Instead, it just pops up at random times as a popup.

Clearly this is some kind of leftover after having removed the TWC android apps.