Highlighted
Browser

Los Angeles TWCWIFI hotspots broken

August 2017 Los Angeles I have tried over a half dozen hotspots in LA in the past three days --- only one worked. Called two of them in - each call took around 30 minutes (for them to gather data) - one hot spot hadn't been accessed in over a week, the other for 3 days. Customer service guy says with surprise, "...nobody else has called this in." Well, given that it takes a half hour to finish a report, I'm trying to connect at a stop along the road (away from home), probably won't ever be at this "hotspot" again, and there's no "fix" or reset - who has time to go through a 30 minute call without getting connected (unresolved) in the end?
Months ago when I called about a remote TWCWIFI hotspot that wasn't working, the Rep was able to reset the site while I was on the phone with her. No longer an option, apparently.
The main reason we have kept Spectrum Time Warner is because we can connect securely away from home. Without this, there's no reason not to switch providers and grab a package elsewhere! I'm giving Spectrum/TW a week. No fix - I'm shopping other providers.
7 REPLIES

Re: Los Angeles TWCWIFI hotspots broken

[ Edited ]

I apologize for the issues with the hotspots. We do not have remote access from here for the hotspots. Only the department that deals with them directly have the access. 

WiFi hotspot customersupport hotline :  1-888-851-9350.

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Expert

.Re: Los Angeles TWCWIFI hotspots broken

Tell the business to call TWC, it's part of their service they pay for. You shouldn't have to do it for them.

Browser

Re: .Re: Los Angeles TWCWIFI hotspots broken

These are outdoor access points as laid out on their Wifi app - i.e., when you are a home subscriber you USE to be able to connect to wifi away from home. They are not at a business location. Thanks though.
Browser

That department needs to be informed of this problem - as well as management. These are outdoor (not business based) TWCWIFI hotspots, CableWiFi and Passpoint hotspots for Spectrum Time Warner subscribers to use away from home. To require residential customers to make a 30 minute call to report a hotspot that isn't functioning just is not realistic. If we could simply call in the hotspot address to report it, hang-up & let Spectrum go through their varification process to confirm it is out & no one has used it for (x) days, and do whatever needs to be done to repair it, then we might be more inclined to call in a report when we find one isn't working.
Browser

I just completed a 36 minute "chat" with customer service regarding yet another non-working hotspot in Los Angeles. After going through all the "steps" and even trying the reps suggestion that I log on to the hotspot with my Spectrum Time Warner email and password (which I know is NOT how you login to premium services or hotspots - it is always via username/password - email/password is for the Time Warner/Spectrum account information page) but I tried it anyway - powered down, restarted on notebook - forget this network on my iPhone, restart etc - after literally 36 minutes I am told to call customer service snd report it to them for repair ! I ask, "and I have to go through this all again?" Customer service says, "I will add a note to your file." Are you kidding? These are YOUR remote hotspots - I am using them (or TRYING to use them) while in transit - I can not continually be spending all this time reporting your sites are down. These are not hotspots inside a business - they are outdoor hotspots.
I read on one response in this forum today to reset your premium services password through your home network - that some of the passwords did not successfully transfer when there was the change to Spectrum from Time Warner. So - I even did this - causing me to also have to EVERY SINGLE LOG ON TO ALL MY CABLE CHANNELS ON 4 APPLE TVs, and have my other three family members reset all their phones and computers - but even that DID NOT WORK.
Browser

The department you are referencing is the same one I have called - and each call takes 25-30 minutes. They do not have a way to fix it either. After going through all their steps, then waiting for them to check the hotspot only to come back and say "no one has connected to this site in over a week" - or in one case, two weeks, then they say they will "escalate it for repair". My first call was two weeks ago and I was back to that spot yesterday - it still isn't working. If something is going on with Spectrum that is making these hotspots inoperable, my god, just say so. If not - then fix them and find a way to check them without requiring your customers to go through this ridiculous, time consuming reporting process only to end up with NOTHING!
Browser

3 weeks later in Los Angeles, the TWCWIFI hotspots I reported are still inoperable - broken - down.