Highlighted
Rookie

I was told Earthlink should work with TWC wifi hotspots, but it isn't connecting

I have Earthlink standard.

I called TWC customer service and spoke to someone. She put me on hold to speak to a supervisor. She told me my login should definately work and i should be able to use hotspots. Seems I can get into the android app but I'm having trouble connecting to a hotspot.  Can you connect with TWC/Earthlink?

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: I was told Earthlink should work with TWC wifi hotspots, but it isn't connecting

They have no clue what earthlink is...

Jeeze....   well maybe Earthlink wifi hotspots...

You can only use TWC hotspots if you have a TWC INTERNET ACCOUNT AND PAY FOR 15/1, 20/2, 30/5, 50/5 etc.

The 2 economy one don't give you hotspot access on TWC

Call earthlink and ask them...  They're taking your money.

Rookie

Re: I was told Earthlink should work with TWC wifi hotspots, but it isn't connecting

Thanks, but TWC customer service is absolutely pathetic.  They ulitmately provide the earthlink service. They insisted it should work, and told me it is not necessary to switch to TW,

Lead Moderator

@elcustomer

Our apologies that you had been given incorrect information.

Access to TWC WiFi® and partner hotspots is free for all TWC Residential customers with minimum Standard or Extreme Internet service and all Business Class Internet customers. Free access is also available to Starter Internet customers in the Kansas City area.
If you don't meet any of these criteria, you can still access TWC WiFi® Hotspots through a Free Trial or by purchasing an Access Pass

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Rookie

I got the timewarner standard service, hopefully the hotspots will work when I try them.

Expert

15/1 and fasterTWC tiers allow access to the TWC hotspots. 10/1 and the 3/.7 economy tiers do not