Browser

Cannot connect to TWC passpoint

I was at a facility where there is TWC wifi hotspot. I automatically connected to the TWCwifi connection, and the passpoint was available. I connected to passpoint in the past, but everytime I attempted to connect now, it attempted for 5 seconds, then just backed out of it. Sometimes it says something about an authentication error. The signal was strong.

Is there a reason it refuses to connect to passpoint? I would rather be on passpoint. Perhaps a glitch in the system?

10 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Cannot connect to TWC passpoint

are you Spectrum or TWC legacy?

Browser

I think I am twc legacy. This crap just started recently.

Supposedly spectrum is going to join the wifi alliance, as an employee told me.

I would rather do passpoint, you log in once and it will work anywhere. It works great for me for my school's passpoint system (not twc/spectrum).

Expert

Ok, none of the legacy stuff changed as far as I know... But if you switch to Spectrum, things will usually for the worst.

Browser

I went to a different business today that used to have TWC wifi and they did not have any TWC network up. That is strange.

They had something good going, I hope they will keep the wifi nice like it used to be.

Established Sharer

If you are still legacy TWC but the business has switched to Spectrum, or vice versa, your old WiFi access password won't work across system boundaries.  The merger hasn't gotten to the point where all account passwords will work on all merged systems. 

Lead Moderator

Good morning.

A few questions to better understand the situation. 

1. Did you see other options outside of the Passpoint?

2. If so were you able to login with your TWC ID and password?

If you had not attempted this had you been able to login to other TWC/Spectrum sites?

3. Did you notify the business owner or TWC/Spectrum that you were having problems with        the Passpoint  access? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

I may have caused a little confusion as there were two scenarios.

The first time, I went to a restaurant where I saw TWCwifi, Cablewifi, and TWC passpoint and all were available. I wanted to connect to passpoint, but it attempted to connect, but never actually connected. I was, however able to connect to TWCwifi. I was just annoyed as passpoint did work in the past. I did not speak to any owners. I know the login I was using is correct. All had strong signals, so signal should have not been the issue.

The second time I went to another place that did have TWC wifi in the past, but this time they did not have any TWC wifi or spectrum wifi hotspots. They only had their own wifi access point.

Rookie

I have been unable to connect to any of the hotspots for about 3 months now. I thought they just did away with them. I am a TWC legacy customer and never had a problem before so I'm not sure what is going on here. I am able to sign in to my account and to other offerings (HBO GO, etc.) with no problems so I'm not sure what is going on here.

Spectator

Same