Newcomer
SkipEllison

TWC TV for Kindle

Is there a TWC TV app for the Kindle Fire?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
MegaMasterX

Re: TWC TV for Kindle

TWCTV is available for anything running Android 4.0 or higher. If the Kindle Fire doesn't have Google Play, it won't be able to use TWCTV.

Bear in mind that TWCTV won't work on rooted Android devices, so if you root it to put Google Play on there it won't work.

Please use plain text.
Rookie
jehmann

I believe that Amazon is blocking the use of TWC TV on the Kindle Fire HD in hope that you'll use Amazon's movie viewing alternatives.   Fortunately you can run HBO Go from your Amazon Kindle Fire.

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
jwilsn82

[ Edited ]

Hello folks, 

My name is John W. The kindle fire hd 7 inch and 8.9 is not rooted. The original kindle fire is rooted. I am able to use 1market app store that works for kindle fire hd series. This app is from softnic website from Google search. 

The TWC TV APP I found it on 1market app store and was able to watch live tv and video on demand and closed captions. Just so you know that under settings with more+ and go there scroll down and go to device and turn on unknown source and make sure the developer usb debugging on always. The developer usb debugging is not available on kindle fire original. If you guys have any questions [please don't hesitate to ask here]. Thanks, John W.

Please use plain text.
Rookie
jehmann

John,

I sideloaded the TWC TV app onto my Kindle Fire HD by first installating it onto my Samsung Nexus phone and then copying it over to the Kindle by using FrostWire, a peer to peer app.

I do have unknown source enabled and I made sure the developer usb debugging on always.

But when I launch TWC TV I get the message:

Debug mode Unsupported  Please Diable USB Debugging, then restart TWC TV

When I do that, live TV will run for approximately 30 seconds and then I get a message that this channel is no longer availabe and then drops me out of the Live TV.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Rookie
jehmann

I am happy to report my Kindle Fire HD no longer disconnects TWC TV.  I believe it might have been the recent TWC TV app update.   I might just give my bedroom Vizio 37" TV to one of my kids!

Whatever, thank you John!

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
shanefrmn

How did You fix the disable usher debug issue? My fire always stops on that when I try live Tv or on demand
Please use plain text.
Rookie
jehmann

I don't have the usb disabled for debug.  It works without that parameter being  sent.

Prior to the recent TWC TV app upgrade my Kindle Fird HD would also stop after maybe 30 seconds of live TV, that's when I sought out this forum for any assistance.

You might make sure that you have the latest version of the application installed on your Kindle.

The version of TWC TV I have installed is: 2.6.36

Good luck and I'll do what I can to help.

Please use plain text.
Rookie
blumaninwi

You can go to this site, and she has many great apps and workarounds!!!  Love it!  And you can get TWC apps for Kind Fire!!  I just did it in just a few mins.  Here is link  http://www.lovemyfire.com/side-loading-apps-on-kindle-fire.html

Please use plain text.
Rookie
blumaninwi

http://www.lovemyfire.com/side-loading-apps-on-kindle-fire.html  It worked fine and am using TWC TV and the rest right now on my Kindle Fire>  She has many great Kindle Fire hints and tips!!!

Please use plain text.