mjk
Rookie

HD cameras

I would like to know if there are plans to upgrade the outdoor camera to a HD format.i have 4 outdoor cams and I like the protection but in reviewing the quality of pics and videos they are lacking .
Please advise if HD cams will be available any time soon.
Thank you
Mjkeyes
4 REPLIES
Expert

Re: HD cameras

Are these running in D1 resolution?

TWC does not have the bandwidth to run full HD upstream much faster than 1 FPS on 4 cameras.

mjk
Rookie

Thanks , appreciate your response.
Mjk
Expert

[ Edited ]

Make sure they're recording in D1... which is 480-576 lines.... It's classified as HD.(lol)

I'll bet it's set to 240 or 120 lines to save HD space. It's possible it can record in low res& low FPS until motion or an alarm is detected, then record in full D1 and at a higher FPS. Some will even record in alarm mode 1 minute before an alarm or motion is detected.

But, playback at those speeds& resolution is only available on a local monitor, not streamed out thru a 2 or 5 meg upstream internet connection. You may be able to copy to a memory stick to watch on a smart tv or computer monitor

mjk
Rookie

Ms Raye
Thanks for your input.i will do as u suggest and check to see if there set to record in D1. Additionally, I will check to see how it effects playback on my various devices.
Thanks again and merry Christmas
Mjk