Highlighted
Browser

Cameras no longer working with Intelligent home app new upgrade

My cameras no longer work from the intelligent home app on my android after upgrade to new app.

Is there a way to get the old app back?

It worked with no problems.

I have two cameras (1 indoor and 1 outdoor) Indoor camera I can view from the app, the outdoor says error obtinaing image. show 1 current view- flashes then crashes the app.

Rebooted everything a number of time- uninstalled and reinstalled the app three times now- rebooting the phone inbetween as well.

Everything works fine from web-site portal- both local and while I'm away. Also works from the touch screen without issue.

Any help with a fix or a way to get the older version of the app back until a fix can be had, would be extremely helpful !

18 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Cameras no longer working with Intelligent home app new upgrade

Contact the intelligent home support number, it's what you pay extra for!

Browser

I did contact them- No answer from them- they siad they didn't know how to get the old app back.

Had a Tech out to the house because my speed test for my internet dropped dramatically as well.

They fixed that problem by swapping out modems and replacing the drop line but the app problem remains.

Expert

call them back and threaten to cancel the service, it will get their attention and escalate it to someone that cares about their job, lol.

Expert

since they installed a new router, I'll bet they screwed up the port forwarding/ and or messed up AP isolation.

Call int home, they are the only ones that have that access level to fix it...

They will rather than lose income...

Browser

Just swapped Modems out- left the same intelligent home router.

I'd just wish they would make the older app version available someplace - It worked fine.

Expert

you need to go into the new ap and fix the port settings, problem is they're in the router...do you have access into it's settings? My understanding is that int home is the only ones that do...

Might be port 8000

Browser

Don't think that is the issue as they never touched the router- just the modem. No I have no access to any of the settings in the router.

The crash report on my phone indictes an exception class name: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError source file BitmapFactory.java source class: android.graphics.BitmapFactory.

Doing a bit of internet searching on it: looks like some bad coding (ie Bitmap resizing issue with the app)

I found on the internet the apk file for version 5.1.37 (the last befor the update that worked)

Just a bit hesitant to install it on my phone as I got it from an internet site rather than google play.

I'm hoping if TWC cant fix my problem with Version 6.037- at least they could e-mail version 5.1.37 to me directly so I'm sure it is not rogue.

Expert

contact google and tell them you need the older version as the new one is buggy.

Browser

My contact with Google:

We are unable to provide the previous version of an app, and I don't see an apparent compatibil​ity issue with your device. It should work on your phone's Android OS version. There might be an issue within the current version of the app itself, and that is an issue the developer will have to resolve.

me

That is what I concluded also- That's why I was hoping to revert to the original version I had

Michele P.

I wish that I could provide you with that, but we don't have different versions of the apps on Google Play.

I would have thought that the developer would be able to assist you with that.

me

I understand​- But you were offering it up to a few weeks ago. How do I go about getting the older version?

Michele P.

Is there an 'Uninstall updates' within your settings on that app? Where 'Clear cache' and 'Clear data' are?

me

No unfortunat​ely

Michele P.

This is something that I can't assist you with. We simply don't have the previous version of the app.

me

Ok thanks..

END OF CONVERSATION WITH GOOGLE

My next question...

Does anyone from TWC read these forums?