Lenko

Watch turner classic movies app

[ Edited ]
We want WATCH TCM added . Why is twc not available on TCMclassic mobs ipad apps?
Please use plain text.
TWC-StephS

Re: Watch turner classic movies app

Unfortunately, we do not have an agreement with TCM to carry the App at this time. I can submit this request for you.

Thank you for participating in the Forums. -Stephanie

Please use plain text.
Elle212

Turner Classic Movies (Watch TCM) isn’t the only app that isn’t showing Time Warner Cable in the listing of cable providers. Watch TNT, Watch TBS & Cartoon Network are other apps that have the same issue. The most interesting point is that the four networks are subsidiaries of Time Warner.

Why are millions of Time Warner Cable customers being penalized against holdings of Time Warner when competitors such as Directv, Verizon FiOS, and UVerse are not only getting those channels via live tv, but also via on-line apps?

To give a blanket statement that a Time Warner network doesn’t have an agreement with Time Warner Cable lacks credibility & gives this writer a less than secure feeling that Time Warner Cable is diligently working to resolve this issue. It appears that it simply boils down to one department not speaking or working with another intra-company department.

It is hoped that other Time Warner Cable customers will join in this discussion so that it is clear to the management of Time Warner Cable that there is a strong customer-base desiring access to these apps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anon

Yea. it seems every single website that offers you to watch their media content seems to list every provider but TWC lol...ugh I wish I never moved...Id never get TWC again

Please use plain text.
Contributor
steveymacjr

just a correction, time warner cable is not affiliatef with Time Warner, inc, the owner of TCM, TNT, TBS, CNN, HBO, etc..TWC was spun off over a year ago and is now totally separate.  They have no more sway with Time Warner, inc than Directv would.

Please use plain text.
DKB
DKB

Agreed, Please add "Watch TMC" to our service.

Please reach an agreement.  Kind of obsurd that a major market like NY can't get full service.

thank you

Please use plain text.
DMB
New Contributor
DMB

Noticed that the first post on this topic was early Dec 2013. I called customer service last week with the same request. The representative said that he was not sure why this app was not available but would be happy to bring it up at a meeting that was supposed to take place the next day. He even offered to call me with an answer shortly thereafter. Still waiting.... After the blackout of CBS for over a month last year in Los Angeles because they also "couldn't reach an agreement" it doesn't surprise me that TWC isn't one of the over 100 listed cable providers that do have an agreement with TCM. Not holding my breath......
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GlassOnion

Very surprised to see we don't have access to TCM Watch. Though I guess I shouldn't be, given CBS and HBO/Cinemax Go and how long those took! Sigh. What is so complicated that over 100 other providers are OK with, but Time Warner isn't?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
gandskid

Can't reach an agreement?  Sounds like a money issue to me (for a change). This is exactly the kind of thing that makes viewers HATE TWC. There's a tremendous amount of movie-lovers in this city who want the TCM APP. Why must TWC always be the last to add anything new!!!

Please use plain text.
DMB
New Contributor
DMB

Unfortunately, we do not have an agreement with TCM to carry the App at this time. I can submit this request for you.
Thank you for participating in the Forums. -Stephanie

From DMB: This reply from TWC is the typical one when they don't have a good reason for giving its customers what they want!
Please use plain text.