New Contributor
Miche11e

HELP?! Problem with HBO GO on my PC

Recently I have been unable to watch videos on HBO GO on my PC. 

Getting this Message:

Video Player Error

HBO GO cannot play this show at this time. Please try again later. [Code D-1006]

I am using  Windows 7 O.S. Had no problems watching on my PC until about a week or so ago. HBO GO works on all other devices - Husbands PC, Nook, iPad, 2 iPhones.  Just on my PC, and only since the past couple of weeks.  It makes no sense. 

~Tried clearing cache and cookies.  No good. 

~Tried using Mozilla Firefox (instead of the usual IE 10 I had been using all along with no problems)...to no avail.

~Called TWC and spoke with the Cable Techs, They said talk to the Internet Techs,...Talked to the Internet techs....they said try the Cable techs.  TWICE!

Result: Frustration and aggravation has commenced.

Suggestions? PLEASE and THANK YOU.

Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
natalia

Re: HELP?! Problem with HBO GO on my PC

Are your Flash player and/or Silverlight up to date? Wondering if that's the issue - I know I was prompted to install a Flash update last week or so, so you might be in the same boat.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Miche11e

Unfortunately they are. I'm at my wits end. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
ChristopherM

[ Edited ]

I copied this straight from the HBOGo site.

If you receive a 'Video Player Error' message, then HBO GO cannot play the show at this time. Please try again later. If the video player has timed out due to inactivity, you may receive a 'Video Player Timed Out' message. You will be prompted to continue the show where you left off. If you receive an 'HBO GO Error' message, your session has timed out. Please sign in again.

as a side note if it works on other devices it's obviously your computer that's the problem.  make sure you meet the requirements

HBO GO requires the following minimum system requirements: 1) An Adobe Flash Player with version 10.2 or higher. 2) An Internet connection of 3.0Mbps or greater (for HD content). 3) For Windows: An Intel Pentium 4 3GHz processor (or equivalent) with 512MB RAM/128MB of VRAM. 4) For a Mac: An Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor, 512MB of RAM/128MB of VRAM. To check if you have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player, go to www.adobe.com

Please use plain text.
baluga

Hello,

Were you able to fix your HBO GO? I am having the same issue right now. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
jmp91306

I have the same problem. Have updated FF, Flash, etc. Can run HBOGO on all other devices, used to run on THIS machine. Now it will not. No clue. TW techs say system is down...maybe...but it runs fine in Explorer.
Please use plain text.
jot56

I had been having the same problem with my pc. I found that I was only dealing with this issue while attempting to view in Google Chrome, which is my go-to browser. However, Internet Explorer is not giving me the error code, and it is playing just fine. Hope this works for you!!!

Please use plain text.
genekellish1

i've had the same problem for at least the last 3-4 mos.i recently downloaded the new  ie 11 for windows

and when i log on to my services [twc] it said i running netscape5.so went back to ie 10.and it keeps showing

browers below ie7 not supported but im running ie10.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
MercedesNunez

I FIXED THE BPROBLEM BY UNINSTALLING ADOBE FLASHPLAYER 11 AND INSTALLING ADOBE FLASHPLAYER10.3.NOW IT WORKS BUT I HAVE TO DECIDE IF I WANT HBOGO MORE THAN YOURTEXASBEBEFITS.COM wHich only works with 11.darn

Please use plain text.
rhondalovesdan1

im having same problems,, and my laptop is brand new 4 days old!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.