Spectrum Employee

Re: TCM and other mobile app access under Spectrum

You'll have to wait until Charter and TWC are fully one system. It takes time  for two companies to join together. Most changes are expected to be coming sometime in 2017-2018. Stay tuned for updates.

TWC_SPECTRUM_808
Newcomer

I have been trying for the longest time to log in on WATCH TCM......is there anyone who can answer me if it's possible to  use this APP... and if yes how do I log in...TCM is my absolute FAVORITE... A

Newcomer

I can't wait..😉😉

Browser

WatchTCM APP

When will you be adding the "Watch TCM" APP to the list of apps available? The APP says it's supported by you but I'm unable to log in with my TWC ID. Thank you.
Sharer

Re: WatchTCM APP

Many of the Turner family of networks aren't available for TWC legacy customers as they don't have agreements in place. Most of these apps (CNN Go, TBS, TNT, TCM, etc) are available if you switch over to a Spectrum plan. I found this out the hard way during the baseball playoffs when trying to watch the games on TBS at work. I have since switched to a Spectrum plan and they are all available to me.

I wouldn't hold my breath if you are on a TWC plan.

Expert

BE CAREFULL OF WHAT YOU DO, it's in the fine print "not all programming and services are available in all areas" Generally, on the tests I've done, there are 10% fewer channels on charter/spectrum than on TWC per zip code searches i've done. However, some is confusing because twc bloated it's channel listing with duplicates and charter/spectrum as well, some is the SD vs HD duplicates. Beware of switching to Spectrum, some ofthe  equipment and features are not available, like Whol;e house DVR's, Max cable speeds, DTA's, their triple play is different. unknown about the phone and email transfers from TWC... Your $3.25 a month DTA's now need to be replaced with $7-10 a month cable boxes.

You can't even get legitimate prices because they vary by zip code and the spectrum ones only show up where they were the provider a year ago.

Phone pricing is arbitrary and still from the Phillipines.

Sharer

Agreed...I only switched because the store employee was able to get me a lower price than what I was paying before when the call center reps could not.

Yes, if you have whole house DVR or DTAs that you don't want to be forced to swap out for a full fledged box (which is $4.99 non-DVR vs $3.25 for the DTA) then stick with a legacy plan as long as you can.

Browser

Thank you for your reply. Im currently a TWC subscriber but have been told they are switching everything to Spectrum. Spectrum was one of the providers listed available for the Watch TCM APP. But Time Warner Cable is not. Some of the things I read say TWC is now SPECTRUM, I don't believe I can choose one or the other, were you able to choose between the two services, either TWC or SPECTRUM? I don't believe I have a choice, so it's quite confusing to me. I would think I could just use my TWC ID to log into the Watch TCM APP? Thanks again for your reply and advice.
Browser

Were you able to choose between TWC or SPECTRUM? I don't believe I have a choice, I was told that TWC will be changing over to Spectrum, but have no idea when that will happen. Thanks for your help.
Browser

Thank you for your help! You are right, it is confusing. I don't have any of the extra services such as whole house DVR or triple play. I do have their home phone service and recently had to installed digital adapters for my extra T.Vs as I don't have cable boxes for them. Right now those adapters are free but I will be charged $3-4.00 each at some point and my internet is just always slow. I wish I could choose between TWC or Spectrum but I think I have to just wait until they switch my service totally over to Spectrum? Some of my services say Spectrum and some say TWC so I'm not really sure what's going on. But I thank you again for your input.