Highlighted
Participant

TCM and other mobile app access under Spectrum

[ Edited ]

OK...so let's see exactly how reponsive you are, now that you've removed the useful and helpful direct support forums on DSLReports and forced us back to these forums.

Now that TWC BHN and Charter are all one "big happy family", why can't I sign in to the TCM mobile app, or the Watch TCM web site using my login and selecting Spectrum as my provider??  Are we going to get access to this, CNN mobile live, Longhorn Network, and any other mobile channels that Charter had agreements with but not TWC???  Or is it going to be just higher prices and lower service levels???

I tried to log in to the TCM watch live using Spectrum as provider and login failed saying my login was not valid???

38 REPLIES
Rookie

TCM on TWC

I can't seem to find a way to reply to any of the other posts on the unavailability of using TWC id to view programs on the TCM. I have tried this for months. TWC is not an option of cable provider, although it works for some other apps. Charter Spectrum is an option, but is apparently not the same as Spectrum, the new name for TWC as of today. I got the information for this forum from a TWC customer service rep, but it seems to be another dead end. Funny, but while I was writing this, TWC called back with a survey on how they did resolving my problem, rating from 1 to 10. Their system would not accept the answer of 1. I guess that's one way of keeping your customer service ratings up!

Participant

Re: TCM on TWC

mwthomp wrote:

I can't seem to find a way to reply to any of the other posts on the unavailability of using TWC id to view programs on the TCM. I have tried this for months. TWC is not an option of cable provider, although it works for some other apps. Charter Spectrum is an option, but is apparently not the same as Spectrum, the new name for TWC as of today. I got the information for this forum from a TWC customer service rep, but it seems to be another dead end. Funny, but while I was writing this, TWC called back with a survey on how they did resolving my problem, rating from 1 to 10. Their system would not accept the answer of 1. I guess that's one way of keeping your customer service ratings up!

If you're talking about using Watch TCM, this has been a sticky issue for quite a while.

As for Spectrum, the migration has just begun in ernest so somewhere down the line the Watch TCM app will hopefully work for us.

Be kind when possible. It is always possible.
----- Dalai Lama
Rookie

Yes, Watch TCM is the app in question. I prefer to use the networks own apps, as the TWC app is slow and often unavailable, and much more limited in what they offer, and sometimes wrong and misleading. Today I tried to watch "Fire and Ice" on Syfy channel on TWC app, and it turned out to be a movie other than the Ralph Backshi animated film that the poster and information promised on the TWC app.

Browser

Re: TCM and other mobile app access under Spectrum

You still have to choose TWC. There is messaging on the site stating TV Everywhere will continue using the legacy logins. The Apps show TWC Spectrum. Hopefully this will eventually change and we will all transition to a single Spectrum login.
BCB
Newcomer

The TCM app has Charter Spectrum as a provider, there is no choice for TWC Spectrum.

Participant

[ Edited ]

Great...so it's now the same company and we STILL can't get acess to content that others in the same company, but different legacy areas can get.  That's just sad.

Browser

I too have been trying to sign in to Watch TCM with no luck. Are you saying with the switch to Spectrum we should now be able to sign in?
Newcomer

There was never a choice on the TCM app for TWC, and there still is not, I always wondered why and wished it worked on the app when I have the channel on my cable it does not seem right. The Charter Spectrum one does not work for TWC customers. 

[ Edited ]

I cannot speak for what will happen in the future. TCM and other third party apps are currently the same as they were pre-merger.

<insert favorite quote here...>

Check out the FAQs for a quick answer to your questions. http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/all-faqs.html