Newcomer

Re: CNN login

Turner Broadcasting (owner of CNN) is a subsidiary of Time Warner.

So does Time Warner have to negotiate with themselves!!!!????

Participant

[ Edited ]

The Time Warner that owns Turner is NOT Time Warner Cable.  They are separate companies, so no, they are not negotiating with themselves or a subsidiary.  They are completely separate companies.  But they probably are not negotiating at all anyway, so the point is kinda moot.

Observer

[ Edited ]

Who cares about agreements just start allowing streaming of CNN while away from home with the Time Warner Cable app. Then when they sue respond by saying they are not negotiating in good faith. If you can't do that then you're exactly what I said above. Frankly I got cable only because it was a few dollars more than the internet service but soon we'll be cutting the cord for a third time once I receive my promotional gift card because the(edited) at this company and all the other cable companies can't seem to understand what they need to offer in order to keep customers happy and the climate in this country has made it such that there's only one option first television service in most areas. I can't wait till over the top television comes in and finally marks your business Dead Forever.

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

you people do know that what makes this all even crazier is that TIME WARNER OWNS CNN!

oops read other posts.. but can't delete this.. but yes same parent company(or was until merger)

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I can not activate CNNgo on Apple TV.  You get through the sets and it WILL NOT recognize the password you use to go on to the Spretrum website.  Even by storing it on your computer, cut and pasting, or typing it in.  EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING AND THERE NEEDS TO BE A SOLUTION.  Joffre (edited personal informaiton)

Newcomer

It is now 12/11/2016 and still the same problem. Seems like they would provide a default login we can use from Spectrum Charter to log in...
Rookie

I was a TWC for decades and complained about not having CNN available away from home as well years ago.  Since it was one of the major channels I watched, I looked elsewhere and found PlayStation VUE.   Now for only $29.99 a month, I'm getting CNN (and other channels) anywhere I go.  At home through Amazon FireTV boxes and on my android devices with 4G and/or wireless connectivity.  I'm still a TWC customer but for the Internet connection only since they are the only highspeed option in my area, but I can stream it through multiple devices with only a 30MB connection.  (I use an HD antenna for local stations).  The best thing is that the $29.99 per month price is not an "introductory price" set to increase in one years time.  I couldn't be happier!

Newcomer

CNN login

I cannot login to CNN at work or on the CNN app on my iPhone.  Not availablle.  I have been trying to find out WHY we can't use CNN app and seems Spectrum / TWC doesn't value its customers enough to get what we want...to use the CNN app and see CNN at work.  WHY CAN'T Spectrum / TWC work this out with CNN?  I only switched to Time Warner Cable to see Dodger games since these giant media comglomarates can't work out an agreement so that those in Los Angeles can see their baseball team.  Now it seems we can't get CNN on Spectrum / CNN due to the same phenomenon.  Corporate Greed and not caring to get customers what they want.  Any news on this or do I need to swich back to yet another provider?

At this time we do not have an agreement to access locked content via the CNN app. There is no further information if/when that access will be granted. Due to the merger with Charter things may change in the future.

Tyleen
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

I don't understand how there isn't an agreement. Time Warner owns TBS who owns CNN. Effectively CNN is owned by Time Warner.