Trusted Helper

You Have Reached The Limit of # of PM's You Can Send For Now?

Hi Spectrum,

I can no longer send private messages. (PM's)  I receive a 'You have reached the limit of number of private messages that you can send for now.  Please try again later." error message.

Regards,

Satch

9 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: You Have Reached The Limit of # of PM's You Can Send For Now?

Good afternoon Satch. 

I have not seen this error previously. We will have this reviewed. Had you 

sent PMs before you got the message? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Trusted Helper

@Satchwrote:

Hi Spectrum,

I can no longer send private messages. (PM's)  I receive a 'You have reached the limit of number of private messages that you can send for now.  Please try again later." error message.

Regards,

Satch

Hi Julai,

No this is the first time.  I composed a long message in Google Docs, copied it and sent it to one of the mods who requested feedback and got the error.  The error sounds like I have too many PM's in my Inbox.  But as you said, I have never seen this error.  And I know it's not Google Docs/Google Drive, because if it's a long message I save it over there as I am working on it and than send it over.

I will get the typical HTML conversion when copying from Google Docs and than send the message.  Messages of short duration, I type over here and send with no problems.

Satch

Trusted Helper

@Satchwrote:

@Satchwrote:

Hi Spectrum,

Regards,

Satch

Hi Julai,

No this is the first time.  I composed a long message in Google Docs, copied it and sent it to one of the mods who requested feedback and got the error.  The error sounds like I have too many PM's in my Inbox.  But as you said, I have never seen this error.  And I know it's not Google Docs/Google Drive, because if it's a long message I save it over there as I am working on it and than send it over.

I will get the typical HTML conversion when copying from Google Docs and than send the message.  Messages of short duration, I type over here and send with no problems.

Satch

Another update,

I tried deleting all of my Sent messages in the Sent folder, but the message is still there.  Maybe our forum's software has a message PM limit? I have never deleted any PM's since being a member of this community.

Satch

Lead Moderator

We will be looking into this.  Are you able to receive PMs? 

Is anyone else getting this message? If any of you are also getting this please 

let us know! 

Regards,
Julia R.

Trusted Helper

@Julia_Rwrote:

We will be looking into this.  Are you able to receive PMs? 

Is anyone else getting this message? If any of you are also getting this please 

let us know! 

Regards,
Julia R.

Hi Julia,

Send me a PM as a test or have someone on staff do that.  I just got two "Enjoy Post" notifications so we know that this part is working.

This is the exact screenshot below that I get when trying to send a PM.

Satch

Specturm Forums Private Message Error.JPGSpectrum Forums PM Sending Error

Community Manager

@Satch

I sent a PM to your mailbox.   Let me know if you get it and try replying to see if you get the same error message. 

My initial thought is that Lithium saw the Google docs message as an attachment.  Forums users can upload URL's, but not attachments.  I enabled attachments for your profile, so let's see if that makes a difference. 

If it does not, please confirm the standard "cleared history, cache and tried another browser, etc.." so I can include that if I need to escalate this to Lithium support.  I've noticed on my end lately that I've needed to occasionally refresh pages to see notifications, especially when I have multiple tabs open.  I think all of this  points to a possible issue with Lithium.  

Thanks. 

James  

Trusted Helper

Working in Firefox (latest version)

After cleaning History and Cache on Windows 8.1,  I can receive PM's but can not send.

Satch

Trusted Helper

Updates on this Issue,

I am able to receive like posts responses and receive private messages with no problems.  I am also able to send PM's but only those messages generated on this community forum.  I can also send Photo attachments through the Photo icon with this forum's photos toolbar icon.

However, I can not copy and paste any data from Google Docs and copy it over here and paste it into the forum.  If I do that, I get the "You have reached the number of PM's you can send.  Please try again later."  message. This is in any web browser.  History and cache cleared made no difference.  The forum is not accepting imported data in PM's from other sources such as Google Docs.  If you have a Google Doc that you want to bring to this forum, you must as of now, convert it to a Jpeg file to do that:

1.) Use a photo snipping tool of your choice and draw a rectangle around the area that you want to snip.

2.) Resize the image if needed.

3.) Save it as a Jpeg file in your Downloads folder.

4.) Type your message in our forum related to your photo.  Position the insertion point where you want the photo to appear.

5.) Click the Photos Button.  Choose your download folder.  Keep the photo size at Large. (The others are too small.)  Select your page position and download the image.

Satch

Newcomer

I received the same message when i tried to send you Julia a message i clicked send and it did not appearto do anything so i hit the send button again it still appeared to do nothing I hit the send button again and it gave me the you have reached the limit message
oneR