Trusted Helper

What Happened to the Tags Option in the Forums?

Hi Spectrum,

Before a forum software update, users had the ability to tag specific keywords to make their posts easier to find in the search index at the top of the forums.  It appears that this feature has been removed.

The use tags allows keywords to be typed in the search box that return results related to your topic.  This makes it easier for community members to find topics by searching for keywords.  For example, if I had a question about DVR searching, that asked, "How do I manage series records on my DVR?  I could ask that question and get community responses.  Community members could use the following keywords as tags to get to my post by typing them in the search box.  Searching for any one of the topics below, would than bring up my forum topic in the search results.

DVR, series, recording, manage.

Any of those words would bring up my question and all community responses.  However, now that the tags option appears to be gone, we can't add content to the forum search database to help users in this regard.  The restoration of search tags to the forums will resolve this issue.

Satch

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: What Happened to the Tags Option in the Forums?

@Satch

Thanks for the feedback, we will take a look at this.  

James

Community Manager

Re: What Happened to the Tags Option in the Forums?

@Satch,  

After looking into your question, tagging was disabled because it was being misused by some users.  The search bar will also allow keyword and multiple keyword searches.  

James