Trusted Helper

Tip- Use The Search Box to Search For Topics or Information Before Posting

Hi Everyone,

I would encourage our moderators to pin this suggestion!  Our search box, (At the top of the forum,) is a wonderful resource tool that customers can use to find answers to topics before posting.  I am estimating that many don't know how useful this tool is as it contains tons of answers to questions that have been asked and answered  on the forum many times.

Additionally, please use our other pinned up threads as valuable FAQ solutions for many issues.  Some of the most common questions that you can find answers to by using the Search query  or pinned up topics at the top of the forum are answers to questions, such as the following:

• Why is my Email Not Working?
  • Why can't I skip commercials or Fast-Forward through them using On Demand?
  • How do I request a channel be added to my line-up?
  • How do I know whether I have a signal issue, wiring issue, or box issue?
  • What's the difference between Free On Demand, Premium on Demand, Movies on Demand, and Pay-Per-View?
  • How do I Search for a Program in the Guide?
  • How do I filter Guide Content?
  • How do I use Parental Controls for shows that I may not want my kids to view?

It is not even necessary to use complete sentences when keying in search requests.  Simply type in some keywords pertaining to the information that you are seeking.  You will find the results in our database often very helpful!

Regards,

Satch

1 REPLY
Community Manager

Re: Tip- Use The Search Box to Search For Topics or Information Before Posting

@Satch wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I would encourage our moderators to pin this suggestion!  Our search box, (At the top of the forum,) is a wonderful resource tool that customers can use to find answers to topics before posting.  I am estimating that many don't know how useful this tool is as it contains tons of answers to questions that have been asked and answered  on the forum many times.

Additionally, please use our other pinned up threads as valuable FAQ solutions for many issues.  Some of the most common questions that you can find answers to by using the Search query  or pinned up topics at the top of the forum are answers to questions, such as the following:

• Why is my Email Not Working?
  • Why can't I skip commercials or Fast-Forward through them using On Demand?
  • How do I request a channel be added to my line-up?
  • How do I know whether I have a signal issue, wiring issue, or box issue?
  • What's the difference between Free On Demand, Premium on Demand, Movies on Demand, and Pay-Per-View?
  • How do I Search for a Program in the Guide?
  • How do I filter Guide Content?
  • How do I use Parental Controls for shows that I may not want my kids to view?

It is not even necessary to use complete sentences when keying in search requests.  Simply type in some keywords pertaining to the information that you are seeking.  You will find the results in our database often very helpful!

Regards,

Satch

Thanks @Satch !  This is very helpful.  I've set the post to remain at the top of the Category.  I am currently not seeing the feature to  "pin" as available, but I am going to look into that as well.