Contributor

Logging in to forum

Why do I have to log in every time I want to make a post here?  There is a check box for 'remember me' on the log in page, but checking it makes no difference.  Every time I open this forum its forgotten me. 

And to make it worse, when I do log in, half the time I still get an 'authentification error'.  Not at the log in, but when I try to post.  Then I have to go back and log in again and it may or may not work. 

Long ago back on the Dell forums they had a Lithium provided forum.  It was buggy then, it appears to still be buggy now.

4 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Logging in to forum

First, the "Remember Me" checkbox just writes a cookie on your computer that saves your login name and password for the forum site so you can log in faster.  Remember to check it again the first time after you change your Spectrum password. 

As for your comment about the Authentication Error, I know exactly what you are going through, and it hasn't gotten any better for me either.  I will let you in on my sneaky workaround:  After you compose your posting, copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl-C) before you click on the Post button.  Then you can retrieve it and quickly paste it into a new window if the dreaded Authentication Error crashes your session.  

Lead Moderator

Morning!

I would like to submit the authentication issues for review. I have not personally ever

received this error. Checking with out other mods we have not either. 

If you will PM Forums_Help with some additional information I would appreciate that.

If you will provide me with information about what browsers you do and do not 

see this on. Do you have the issue on all browsers on all devices? When you are 

logged into the forums are you also logged into My Account on the browser? 

If you will please include anything that you have noticed, any patterns to this error it would be enormously appreciated. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Contributor

Of course after posting this 'problem', it started working properly for me.   Clicked on the "Log in" and bingo, I am logged in and back at the forums.   Now we'll see if this posts without the authentification error. 

Edit: It posted just fine.

Lead Moderator

Let us know if you have any further issue. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums