Trusted Helper

Please Avoid The Same Users Starting Threads With Same Topics

Dear TWC,

We have had issues where users with the same accounts are creating multiple threads with the same topic or situation.  Please discourage this practice for the benefit of all community users and staff!  It makes helping customers that much harder.

For example Joe Doe, a hypothetical user, might create three threads with the same problem, even around the same time, such as:

• "My Cable TV is out" Than a half hour later:
  • "My Picture is blank on my TV.  Than twenty minutes later:
  • "Why isn't somebody fixing my blank TV screen?"

All from the same user name.  We can't help with multiple threads like this, because we don't even know which of the same threads is the most relevant to a customer's issues.  The user needs to create ONE topic related to the same problem or situation and than wait for requests and responses relating to that topic within that thread, and replying within that thread accordingly.

The same user should only begin a new thread,for a new problem or situation.  Otherwise, reply within the one existing thread.  Mods should have the ability to delete multiple topic threads by the same user, so that it is one thread per username related to the same problem.

Multiple threads with the same issue should only be created by different account users, so that we can see if it is an isolated or widespread problem.  But when the same user creates three different threads for the same problem, it becomes that much harder to assist the community.

Satch

4 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Please Avoid The Same Users Starting Threads With Same Topics

Thank you for the feedback, Satch.  We appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention.  We will certainly take this feedback under consideration.

Community Manager

Just to piggy-back, the moderators *should* be removing duplicate posts for the same issue, but I understand sometims they slip through the cracks if the threads have different titles.  We'll do a better job of keeping an eye out for them, and if it becomes neccesary, I'll post a reminder.

Thanks

Spectrum-PhilB
Community Manager
Rookie

How do you start a new topic?
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Bobs111

When you go into a sub-topic, such as Internet/Connectivity, there is a blue button above the first post labeled "Start a Topic".  Select the button and follow the prompts to create a new topic.     

startnewtopic.JPG

James M.
^TWC - Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator