last 3 evenings - Can't watch on Roku app, Kindle app, computer browser, kindle browser

Last night, Thursday, 3/23/17,  was worse. Was watching the way I watch 95% of tv via my Roku 4 app. After 6pm I go to switch channels and get something about this data is unavailable at this time. Then I can't go back to the channel I was watching because of the same error. I log in and out of device. I restart the Roku and when I click the Spectrum TV app...after a long time it says: "We apologize, but we are unable to fulfill your request at this time. Please try again later."

This happened the previous 3 evenings but for shorter hours. Previous nights when I would click the Roku Spectrum TV app it would sometimes ask me to login again. That usually goes away with an exit and restart the app to be replaced with the above failure method.

So, last night I tried other ways to watch: Kindle Fire Spectrum TV app, Kindle Silk web browser, desktop computer web browser, laptop web browser. None of them would connect.

This seems like a pattern of when people are getting in from work that this happens. Too many users?

Last night there was no app/internet way to watch TV until about 11 pm, 5 hours later.

Totally unacceptable. I had to switch to watch from my tiny tv cable box that has no features.

Have you limited the bandwidth thus causing these problems?

Is there a technical problem at my home?

I keep seeing the answer is to uninstall and reinstall the Roku app. Nonsense. That does not work in this situation.

Solutions? Ideas? Troubleshooting ideas?

5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: last 3 evenings - Can't watch on Roku app, Kindle app, computer browser, kindle browser

Thank you for contacting us and I apologize for the service issues. There was an issue with Spectrum App impacting all platforms.  As of this morning, the issue has been resolved.  This may require that you delete and reinstall the app as well as restart the modem to resolve. 

If you are still experiencing a problem with the app, please let us know.  You can reach us by direct private message at Forums_Help.

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Newcomer

Re: last 3 evenings - Can't watch on Roku app, Kindle app, computer browser, kindle browser

Can't you let the clients know when issues are being experienced so we don't sit her for couple of hours trouble shooting the issues and thinking it's our equipment and not failure of our following the trouble shooting steps? 

Lead Moderator

3/26  

We are aware of an issue impacting the Spectrum TV App.

Technicians are aware and working diligently to restore services.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I still can't use the spectrum app on my kindle and I deleted the app and then reinstalled it. Any news on when it might start working again?

Lead Moderator

We currently have no known issues posted for the Spectrum TV application. 

Are you having a problem with the website and the app on alternate devices or 

just the Kindle? When you removed the application did you then turn the device 

completely off and back on before reinstalling the Spectrum TV application? 

Look forward to hearing form you. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums