c18
Rookie

iON channel still not added to channel list as of end of 2017

iON has been brought up a few times based on entering "ion" in the search box.

My zip code is 85364.

It is false to say that all the channels can be watched anywhere "even Grandma's house" when it is not happening.  Does that mean Grandma being my next door neighbor, piggy-back off my cable connection?

I reported last year to a TWC agent as a bug in their system that iON is not in the list of channels long before the merger completed and announcing spectrumtv.com in one of their commercials that lays over on top of another nationally broadcasted commercial.  Fast forward to the present and iON is still missing from the channel list.  So much for saying it is a bug.

No straight answer has been given in the topics I read as to why iON is not listed.  A Los Angeles California local station is part of the subscribed line up, and I can access it through spectrumtv.com .  Yet, iON is conveniently omitted.  The spectrumtv.com website doesn't even allow me to enter the channel number to get to it.

The oddity of it is the settings shows me the list of subscribed channels including iON.  This is an option to be part of the favorites, tied to the TV remote by toggling the heart icon.

I have read the same script, "Should" be able to access it", with "should" being the operative word, yet, no resolution

No wonder cord cutting is in.

What is my question?
 - When will iON be added to the channel list to be streamed through spectrumtv.com?

If the answer is no, then the follow up question is why?

1 REPLY
Established Sharer

Re: iON channel still not added to channel list as of end of 2017

c18 wrote:

My zip code is 85364.

What is my question?
 - When will iON be added to the channel list to be streamed through spectrumtv.com?

If the answer is no, then the follow up question is why?

ION is an over-the-air "network" of affilliates.  Your zip code reads that you live in Yuma, AZ, which has no over-the-air affilliate.   This is probably why it is not available on your system.  If this is the case, you will need to lobby one of your local television stations to dump one of their feeds and add ionTV...  The cable company has nothing to do with this.  DirecTV doesn't even offer a IONtv affiliate for Yuma. 

Do you actually receive IONtv with a set-top-box, but not on the app / web interface?

If you actually receive KTLA from Los Angeles, it's a legacy significantly viewed SuperStation carryover from the 70's and 80's.