Observer

flash and window 10

is it safe to say that we can not watch Tv online if we have Windows?  if thats the case isn't it wrong of spectrum to advertise you can watch TV online?  i know it doesn't work for me and i'm tired of messing with it.  it would be nice if folks would just be honest in their advertising

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: flash and window 10

Yup... good luck finding a SMART tv or android box that works as well...

Participant

Hmm, I have 2 Win 10 machines, on Laptop and one Desktop. The desktop is on the insider preview program so running "to be released" versions. On that system, I can use Edge for the Spectrum App. A "load Flash" window pops up and if I click it, Edge asks if I want to allow the site to run in Flash. On my other system with Win 10, it runs fine, without a prompt. I may have had the prompt on that system previously and said to install, but it just loads now. HTH, Ron
Valued Participant

I "was" able to watch TV through EDGE on windows 10 until i had to recently upgrade the flash player ( for some reason in Firefox it showed the latest version and version 22, didn't blow the earlier one away when it upgraded and firefox disabled both.. so I FULLY deleted flash(es) -- getting ownership away from "installer" on some of those files is a pain in the rear end).  Upgrade worked great in firefox but in FF still couldn't watch tv. 

Went back to EDGE and it now doesn't even recognize flash.  I'm wondering if I don't have to blow EDGE away and start with a new clean install. 

Valued Participant

and yes.. i enabled flash in edge.. so please don't mention that

Valued Participant

If spectrum is at all interested in solving this problem (which I understand is getting to be universal) they may want to look into how they integrate with Flash. 

As I stated, Old versions " seemed" to work in EDGE for TV but nothing works now. I even went so far as to uninstall Edge and reinstall it ( they claim it contains flash)... but that didn't work either