Highlighted
Observer

can't view scheduled recordings on app or online, but I can on Spectrum DVR Box

This has happened seveal times and I believe it to be linked to an update. I call into customer support and they act like they have no clue what I am talking about. I can view recorded content and prority recordings but not the scheduled recordings. I prefer to edit my recorded shows online rather on the box and it drives me nuts that I can't do that. Is there a fix or is it being worked on? Thanks.

11 REPLIES
Expert

Re: can't view scheduled recordings on app or online, but I can on Spectrum DVR Box

What service do you have where you can view recordings on your phone and is that away from home?

Spectrum has dropped all support for WHDVR's and the 6 tuner DVR's, the call center has no info on any issues as WHDVR's were only available to grandfathered TWC customers before 2017, If they fail, Spectrum is sending out non WHDVR's and 2 tuner ones.

Unknown when their cloud based "worldview" will be released or what it will allow.

Observer

Re: can't view scheduled recordings on app or online, but I can on Spectrum DVR Box

I have Spectrum, but the same isue was happening when it was Time Warner. I just read a post from July that someone else had the same issue. I am looking at watchspectrum.net and the spectrum TV App. Both watchspectrum.net & the app show the list of my recorded shows, and prority list but the scheduled shows list are empty in the app and online while my DVR is full of scheduled recordings. Please don't confuse watching stuff online with managing the DVR which is waht I'm trying to do. Also, I am not away from home.

Expert

You wrote "I can view recorded content and prority recordings but not the scheduled recordings."

As far as I know, no ones currently able to watch recorded content on a wireless or ethernet connected device. Only the tv connected to that dvr, even on a WHDVR system. Lotsa complaints since the competitors and some COAM  dvr's allow remote viewing as well as control

Observer

I work in tech support/cx service for a different internet provider, so I am not a novice. Over the summer this issue first begain so I called customer service and they were no help at all. So, I dealt with it. Then a month ago I swapped out my DVR box because the hard drive was failing and boom as soon as I plugged the new box in I was able to manage the DVR on Wathchspectrum.net as well as in the app. However a few days ago the issue stated again. This would lend ear to the fact there is a softare glich either in the code sent to the DVR  or on watchspectrum.net/app. Why else could I manage the DVR online one day & not the next all from home?

Established Sharer

Just to clarify, you aren't using a VPN or anything othe rthan the default DNS settings, right?

Expert

I don't understand how they're watching recorded content on a portable device either...

TWC and Spectrum didn't allow that. And yes, running thru a VPN puts you not at home and is guaranteed to glitch everytime there's an uncorrectable error on a channel.

Need signal level and error log pages to see if those are excessive.

ALSO NEED LOCATION!...

Next issue if a Spectrum customer with a DVR, There has been reports in several major markets that they turned on cloud based DVR's for testing.

Sharer

I have the WHDVR and I can view recorded content on any box in my house.

The OP is asking about viewing his LIST OF scheduled recordings on his portable device, not the actual recordings.
Observer

No, no VPN.
Observer

YES! I don't know how much clearer I can be? I am not trying to view content but rather the DVR list of scheduled content!!! Why is this so difficult to understand I am not trying to view content, but rather manage my DVR list of recordings.