Browser

Re: You can only watch this title when connected to your home Spectrum WiFi network

UPDATE:

Forums_help PM'd me back with this statement:

"Thank your for contacting us. There was an issue with Spectrum App impacting all platforms. As of this morning, the issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing a problem with the app, please let us know."

However I am still having the same issue. I logged out the website, logged back in, and still having the same issue. I also logged out, closed all tabs, deleted all cookies for spectrum, logged back in again, same problem. 

Again this seems like the common attitude on issues in this forum is "Did you try turning it off, and back on again?" Which might be less frustrating if the response time to reply wan't a dozen hours or more. We shall see if this gets any better.

Re: You can only watch this title when connected to your home Spectrum WiFi network

I have the exact same issue, have tried all the suggested fixes with no effect. Would love to see an explanation and resolution.

Browser

[ Edited ]

They have replied 2 days in a row with "Thank your for contacting us. There was an issue with Spectrum App impacting all platforms. As of this morning, the issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing a problem with the app, please let us know."

That is not the case, and it is not customer service to reply to every query with the same form email until we give up. This is inappropriate and needs to be address properly and immediately @Julia_R @forum_help

Lead Moderator

@kalikid021  In the last week we have had several instances where there has been 

a known issue with the Application. I am sorry that you have experienced 

so much trouble.    

During these known issues we are not able to troubleshoot issues that

may be particular to your account.  

If you would prefer to have direct support outside the Forums, as the

forums are primarily Peer to Peer support, we can be reached 

several ways

@Ask_Spectrum  as well as Facebook.com/Spectrum, by calling 1-800-892-4357.

If you prefer you can also schedule a callback through the MyTWC app. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

@Julia_R I can contact cutomer service, but we need a resolution for the comminity and it needs to be posted here so people can find the solution for themseves. As I have stated before, a large portion of this forum ends at a "Call customer service" reply and no updates after, no explanation, etc. It invalidates most of what community forum help is for. As I have said, I received the same reply twice "this was an issue that has been resolved" However I am not seeing it fixed. I have tried the content after each reply from forum_help and I'm still seeing the same issue. The way the question and answer is happening it comes off as one of 2 situations. Either you don't actually know the issue and are sending form replies until you do find an answer or until the customer gives up, or you are continually having an issue with the service, in which case why offer the service? Or change your method of validation because it's clearly broken. 

Either way someone who can speak to the techical challenges needs to provide an update here to explain what is going on and how it's being addressed. You are keeping your customers in the dark about the issue, being as vague as possible, and that lends to one of the two situations I mentioned. I'd like to give you the benefit og the doubt so lets be productive here and post something substantial in response, as I can also contact customer service, but we need a path for troubleshooting and a resolution since this seems to affect many, and has been going on at least since the merger.

Lead Moderator

I can understand your frustration. I am, as are we all, that we have had some repeat issues with the Spectrum TV platform recently. The particulars about what is happening is not made available during these issues and would not mean anything to people outside of the development team.  I understand that as a customer you would like to remain up to date in what is happening, the details are simply not made available to those who are not working on correcting the issue.

We will get notification of a particular issue and if an estimated time is available it will be noted in the ticket. These tickets do not list the root cause of the issue nor do they detail what is being done to correct the issue. Because it is, in the end, not useful information to anyone outside of the development team. 

When these issues are "Open" we are not able to troubleshoot any other pre-existing issues. The troubleshooting would be pointless if the application is malfunctioning as a whole. Once the situation is "Closed" if you are still experiencing issues we can go ahead and investigate those issues. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Browser

Ok, so after all the troubleshooting steps with @Julia_R as well as forum_help, and Customer service on the phone, I now understand the issue. @Julia_R please make this a stickey as this affects a lot of customers and there are 2 dozen dead threads on this issue where nobody posts back the resolution.

This issue is on the TWC/Spectrum network verification process. Let me explain

Each internet subscribers account is assigned an IP to their account. For the purposes with regards to watching TV and OnDemand content through the Apps and/or website to ensure that Sports events and Premium content cannot be watched outside of that subscribers network. Due to contractual obligations to sports organizations and premium networks the subscriber is only allowed to watch this content within their home network. This restriction also prohibits those people from sharing their App/Website login with other poeple who may be TWC/Spectrum subscribers but not have the same content allowances. 

The break down with htis issue is that your modem may be pulling an IP address from TWC/Spectrum for internet use, BUT it's not the one assigned to your account. So when logging into the App/Website it appears that you are not on your network because the IP adress on your account differs from the one that your modem received from TWC/Spectrum. Thus it appears from the App/Websites perspective that you are not at home, and so you are not allowed to view some content. 

What this means to you is that there is currently an issue in TWC/Spectrums IP provisioning system that is not allowing it to assign your Accounts IP address to your modem, or that the IP address assigned to your modem is not being added to your account correctly and so it appears that you are not at your house to the App/Website. You will need to contact customer support and have them open a ticket with their network team to get it resolved for your accounts individually if you are experiencing this issue untel is is resolved systemically.

Newcomer

THis issue is NOT SOLVED!!!  None of the below options work...

Newcomer

Why is this CLOSED...issue still going on. I'm a new Spectrum (old TWC customer) about to be a Fairpoint customer! I've been on the phone x4 and chat x 9 today alone. No one is able to fix this issue!
Browser

I have a " Final update" from Spectrum/TWC technical support. They state that the reason for the breakdown is that I don't have a Spectrum coded cable box in my house. Their site/app uses the cable box to hit the internet to get the actual IP your house is using and then stores that in the app as refence for them to identify you as being home. Since I use cable cards with TiVO boxes they have no way to check my IP, and thus can't tell that I'm at home. For me I think it's nonsense, it worked fine with TWC before the merger so there is a way to do it, but the only way to test it for me is to go get a cable box and start paying for it to see if it fixes the issue. Thats more work than I'm willing to put in on this since I don't need or want another box to pay for just to that they can verify my IP.