Highlighted
Browser

You can only watch this title when connected to your home Spectrum WiFi network

On-Demand content all states "You can only watch this title when connected to your home Spectrum WiFi network". 

I'm hard-wired, and the same when disabling ethernet and using WiFi... IP detection works enough to allow all live channnels but not on demand? Pretty weak whatever Spectrum is doing these days now that they are changing things.

Cable Modem -> Wifi Router -> Desktop PC  = Fail

Cable Modem -> WiFi router -> Cisco 24 Port Switch -> Desktop PC = Fail

C'mon people.

21 REPLIES
Expert

Re: You can only watch this title when connected to your home Spectrum WiFi network

reset your cable box/dvr AND the modem

Browser

Re: You can only watch this title when connected to your home Spectrum WiFi network

You post that comment to several questions on this forum, however I have yet to see it be helpful in these situation including mine. That is one of the first things after researching this issue in the forums. My modem has been reset. I'm not using any cable boxes so it's not applicable, and this is through the website/PC as refernced in my initial post.

Rookie

Ive also done this, reset modem + a regular cable box several times and i keep getting the same problem. i get a couple days or so where i can stream at home, then watch.spectrum.net wont recognize im at home for a day or so then im able to stream again and the cycle starts all over.  

Lead Moderator

One thing I would suggest to anyone experiencing this symptom with the Spectrum TV application/website is to check on the My Account website, do you see your equipment 

with a green yellow or red indicator beside it? If you see yellow or red ther is a communication issue with the network. If true 2 way communication is not there, you will see this message.

In these cases I would suggest first uninstalling the application. If at the website clear cookies and cache. Reboot modem , and reboot cable equipment. Once those Items are rebooted plug back in the router (If you are using one). Check the website again to see

if the communication to the equipment is restored. 

If you are still having trouble, contact us for additional support. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

Julia,

There a lot of details here left up to interperetation, so lets try to help with some clarity. 

1.  "anyone experiencing this symptom with the Spectrum TV application/website is to check on the My Account website"

a. If by this you are referring to "watch.spectrum.net" which is where I'm having the issue, there is only a "Settings" menu dropdown on the upper right. This is only access to "Settings, Parental Controls, Clear Library" options.

b. If you are refering to "myservices.timewarnercable.com"  The landing page is My Account > Overview. If I scroll to the bottom of the page there is a box " Activate and Troubleshoot Services" with tabs "Services, Equipment, Troubleshoot" If I select the "equipment" tab, I see a dropdown box with the ability to choose "TV, Internet" Under TV I can see all my equipment for TV none of them have any indicator or anything colored "Yellow, Green, Red". If I coose Internet from the dropdown I can see my Cable Modem and again no indicator of any kind and nothing colored "Yellow, Green, Red". At the top of the page I have the option to choose "Overview, My Profile, My TV, My Internet, add Phone" Pages. In this particular issue I am spraking specifically about the usage of watch.spectrum.net (although in the spectrum app for Xbox One I also am unable to view most streaming content, only live TV like on the website) So I will choose the My Internet page in the website. This shows me "Equipment Management and Usage Tracking" and there is a box with 2 tabs "View Usage Details, Take Speed Test" It displays My Modem with details about it as well as my bandwidth usage. In this page there is also no indicator of any kind, and the only thing colored "Yellow, Green, Red" is the current badwidth usage number in GB which is green.

Can you be more clear as to how to determine "true 2-way communication"?

Lead Moderator

My apologies for not being more clear. 

You would be logging into My Account

From there you will want to scroll down on the main overview page, below

the billing and appointment section.

You will want to click on the Troubleshoot tab

troubleshoot.JPG

Once you click on that you will see your equipment. You can, as you pointed

out, select what equipment you want to view. We would be looking for green lights

on your Video and your Internet equipment. 

troubleshoot2.JPG

Let me know if you not able to access those. 

Regards,
Julia R.

Browser

Julia,

Thanks for the clarification. I have Green indicators for both My Modem (internet), and my Digital Tuner (TV). But the watch.spectrum.net website, and Xbox One app produce the same issue posted. 

Lead Moderator

@kalikid021  Please do contact us directly at Forums_Help with some additional 

information.  Do you have the same message when you bypass your router and are

directly connected to the modem? 

Please do include your account number, verification of your service address and your username. 

Thank you!

Regards,
Julia R.

Browser

Julia,

I have PM'd Forums_help, however the actual solution needs to be posted to this topic either by you or me. I see a mojority of topics in these forums siply end at this point and there is no backchannel info to the public forums. This will only serve to create a forum full of topics whose resolution simply ends at "Call customer service" This in most cases doesn't point at minimum to a root cause and thereby doesn't provide useful information to the public forums.