Rookie

When is Spectrum TV going to allow me to view all of my channels remotely?

Why can I not watch any channel even when I am not at home.  Seems like this would be a simple feature to turn on since I know that DirectTV can do it.  When I am travelling is when this service would be valuable, not while I am at home.

5 REPLIES
Observer

Re: When is Spectrum TV going to allow me to view all of my channels remotely?

[ Edited ]

I have to say that I have no prolem streamng, but there are more bugs in Spectrum than at the zoo during feeding time. Ridiculous! I hope you can get your "to go app" to work for you. Not sure what you use to try getting the stream, but if this helps; first you download the newest Spectrum app from your app store be it Google or what have you, then sign in with the same name and password you use for your regular Spectrum account. If you don't have one already, you can go to the home page of Spectrum, and under account, you can create a user name and password. Once that is done (and you've downloaded the app from the Google or other store), you should be able to sign in with your Spectrum ID and Pass and get the app to work. It takes a few tries; at least it did for me, but it does eventually work. If you already knew all of that, I apologize as I don't know what skill levels you have so wanted to kind of walk you through it just in case. Best of luck, JJ

PS:

If you still have problems, answer this post and I will try to help. At least you will be able to understand what I suggest, otherwise, you'll need a Philadelphia lawyer to figure out what tech support is telling you. LOL! Well, in all fairness, that applied to me not necessarily to anyone else.

Established Sharer

The OPs issue isn't that he can't log into the Spectrum TV app, it's that he wants to view the entire channel lineup without having to be on his home network. 

I would agree that it would be very convenient, but I'm sure it has everything to do with preventing cable theft.

Highlighted
Newcomer

Careful what you ask for!

IF they ever made that available, they would definitely limit the # of devices.  Just like Netflix did.

Later,

Bub

Rookie

I don't care if they limit the number of devices, not looking to give my log in away, but if you advertise that I can watch all of my channels online then own up to that and not forget to mention that it only works that way in your house.
Lead Moderator

While your channels are limited while away from home we do offer dozens
of network apps as well. You can visit Exclusive Spectrum Apps & Partner Apps

You can see what apps we participate with and on what platforms they are

supported.

Many of these will need to be activate on a computer prior to use on some devices.

One example is HBOgo  You will need to follow the steps on the network website for activation. Example for HBOgo is http://www.hbogo.com/activate/  You would use this for PlayStation 4 and Roku etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums