Expert

Re: We see you are away from home...

Woman LOL

Browser

Hi -

Same problem. I'm at home, wired into router/ NO VPN and am getting -

NFL Insiders 1 episodes You can only watch this title when connected to your home TWC WiFi network

An insiders' access to breaking league news.

I have reset  everything...

And for what its worth, I think that being blocked when you arent home is "bovine droppings".

I travel extensivly as part of my job and cant watch 'local channels'  to stay on top of currrent events at home when away. Used to be able to VPN home but, Spectum broke that...

And often some hotels I visit do not carry all the cable chanels.

Browser

Started working but, buffering is horrible.
Will check other channels after watching the news.

BTW it's an I-5 with 8 gig mem processor running @ 5% utilization  Win 10 all updates.

Netflix streams flawlessly.

Just cheched chan 3 and got -

You can only watch this title when connected to your home TWC WiFi network

Browser

This was marked as solved but it's not and never has been. I just quit trying to complain about it. I get it every single morning watching the news. I have to exit the browser and restart it 3 or 4 times to be back at home. Then when that one is solved, my request cannot be completed at this time.

It's $8.50 a month to rent a box. Rent a box that has DVR on it and it adds $12.99 to that box making it $21.49 to just have the box. I know. I have 3 of them. I pay over $60 a month just to have a box on two bedrooms and the family room. Given that the cable package is only $109.99, the boxes cost almost as much as the service. Instead of having a box where the computer is, I prefer to stream to save that $21.49. It's "resolved" by paying for a box.

Browser

My and  Wife's phones On the WIFI work with the APP.

At first I thought it might be a browser problem.

Swithed from IE 11 to Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0 then tried Chrome. (Same Problem)

Looking for an WIFI adapter for the computer.

If my computer is on the LAN, I get the error message that I'm away from home.

Unpluging the network cable and plugging in a WIFI adapter fixes the problem and I can watch all Channels.

Open the command prompt and enter IPCONFIG RELEASE <ENTER>

then IPCONFIG RENEW <ENTER>

The buffering is still horrendious at first then settles down and intermitantly buffers.

Getting 37.48 Down and 6.27 Up. (Speedtest by Ookla )

Spectrum Has Issues.

Everyone's Tags (1)
Browser

I'm going to have to look at this more.

You do have to pay attention to the time of day.

I just clicked on "Watch the Browns lose Today " and was told

'We see you are away from home'.

Which is mis-leadig in that the game had not started at that time.  Was 2 minutes early.

Rookie

Still getting this problem very frequently. Even on a computer connected directly to the router by ethernet cable. I've tried rebooting the cable box and router but it hasn't worked yet. We get this message very often (at least once every day or two), we just have to wait for the site to fix itself. 

TWC/Spectrum, please look into this issue and fix your site.