Highlighted
Browser

We see you are away from home...

Yet I am on a wired connection to a modem connected directly to the line connected to my house that is connected to a utility pole right behind my house. How can I possibly be away from home?

16 REPLIES
Expert

Re: We see you are away from home...

unplug the modem and cable box, let them reboot, see if problem clears up.

Make sure you're not on someone elses wireless network, lolWoman LOL

Browser

I am wired. I have a desktop that doesn't have wireless of any kind - no wifi, no bluetooth, nothing. My IP traces to rr.com. Roadrunner is TWC. It even traces to my region within my state and as residential.

Expert

did you reset everything and does your router have the correct time zone in it?

Browser

Yes, I reset but never went back to watching. The show I wanted to see was over. Man LOL

Rookie

It's ridiculous.  This only happens with Time Warner.  It's not a coincidence me and this guy/girl are having the same issue. 

I don't need a walk through, I do this for a living.  This is one of many things wrong with streaming Time Warner. 

Expert

You need to see if it works now... It sounds like something changed since the last time you used TWCTV....

You may need to reset cookies and saved web pages. as well

Browser

[ Edited ]

Email asked me to mark the best solution. There wasn't one. I am on a wired connection from my PC to the modem supplied by TWC that is hooked to the outlet installed by TWC that goes to the box on the back of my house that was installed by TWC that is connected to the utility pole that probably wasn't installed by TWC but it didn't move away from my wired connection to make me no longer at home.

The answer, therefore, is that there is no solution at all, let alone a best one. You simply cannot be away from home on a wired connection that is attached to a utility pole.

Contributor

Perhaps you left yourself connected to your work's VPN?

Newcomer

Yep.  I had to turn off my perpetual VPN connection to get the "We see you're away from home" to go away.  Thanks.