Highlighted
Observer

Watching TV From Browser Stopped working

Up until 2-days ago I could watch Spectrum/TWC  TV on a web browser on MAC OS with Safari.

Now I receive certificate errors "safari can't verify the identity of the website - hostname mismatch". I also tried Chrome and I'm warned that someone may be trying to hijack this site.

I have deleted all TWC/Sprectrom logins, caches, certificates and so on and still cannot view TV  via browser. I have not (will not) click on the "Ignore certificate error" bypassing secuirty for obvious reasons

All is OK on iPad and iPhone. Just iMac not working

Anyone solve this before?

thanks

8 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Watching TV From Browser Stopped working

trade it in on a PC...

contact Mac support, there is an issue with security certificates or wireless enc type..

What router are you using and is this a wired or wireless connection.  Bet it's wireless and will work on a wired connection...

Observer

Is there anyone having the same issue where we can compare notes? Looking for valid ideas to consider vs being told stop using Apple and buy Microsoft. I have 2 iMac, 3 PC's and this probem stared on all of them recently.

I ran another test

- Fails in Windows 10 the same was as on iMac regardless of browser.

Windows Error is  - "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate."

- These are hardwire connections

Expert

HEY SPECTRUM... YOU DIDN"T FIX IT>>>

That's good, it's not only a mac problem now....

and not the Wifi one...

And both were supposedly corrected a couple months ago, I can't find the post since the forum moderators turned off tagging, Think it first came up in april oand again in late may and indeed was expired security certs, the ones last year were WMC issues.

Expert

I assume you cleared cookies and saved webpages when you deleted an reinstalled the aps....Woman Wink

Observer

Thanks MsRaye for the follow up.  I also suspect this is an expired certificate issue. Which means there is nothing I can do but wait for Spectrum to fix. But I have enough other ways to access Spectrum with roku, iPad and traditional cable box.

I also want to apoligise for my snarky reply to your first responce. That was not polite of me.

Live Long and Prosper

Spectator

Have ou tried this address https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv

It works fine with Firefox  and Opera Browser.

jOHN

Observer

That works !! Spectrum needs to update their website to use this link.

thanks!

Established Sharer

The spectrum.net link works for me on my macbook and mac mini in all browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox), although Chrome is my main browser.