N/A

Re: Twc tv app always buffering

Btw, this is using the TWC app
Rookie

Thank you!!! This instantly resolved the issue with buffering while using the Chrome browser Smiley Happy

KW1
Newcomer

I switched over to my google chrome browser, updated it and not ONE moment of rebuffering since.  I wish I saw this suggestion 2 hours ago when the husband was watching the Sabres game.  No more TWC live streaming via Firefox until they get a fix for that.

Newcomer

James, 

I am a TWC technician in northwest Ohio. I have received several complaints about the buffering problem with the TWC tv app. I have verified this problem with my mobile device also my work iPad. Tested it on several wifi networks at home and away. Also on cellular network (Verizon).  Can you please provide me with the problem and when there will be a solution. Thanks

Community Manager

@Darrell9755

Buffering is typically a connectivity issue.  Is there an error message received as well?  

James M.
^TWC - Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Rookie

Although both OS and TWC apps are the latest my tablet is always buffering broadcast channels. Internet speed is 100 mbps, wifi signal excellent.

I watch youtube videos in 2k resolution in 60 fps and Twitch.tv streams in the highest quality without a single buffering issue. just for the hell of it, i did those two things at the same time and also didnt get any buffering or freezing issues. Yet on the twctv website i get constant buffering problems every  5 minutes or so. it seems clear to me this is not an internet connection issue, but an issue with the website on twc's side.

Rookie

This is a recent and constant issue for me ... on the ultimate speed. Not a connectivity issue. My Roku, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV stream 4k quality on netflix/youtube/amazon prime for DAYS, but can't watch freaking 720 or 1080 tv streams of football on this TWC TV app w/ out the bufferring every 10-20 secs. 

Windows 10 Pro, w/ a GTX 770 video card, 16g of ram

Tried both Edge and IE 11 and the issue persists.

Very close to canning my TV service - its a waste of money.

Rookie

why is this flagged as a solution? the problem persists regardless of browser/flash version
Newcomer

Same issues here.  It seemed to start for me right around the time that TWC became Spectrum!  I can't watch TV on my laptop or Roku devices anymore.  I have around 200MB download speeds and 30 MB upload speeds.

Amazon, Netflix, Youtoube, ect. never buffer so it isn't connection speeds.  Maybe latency issues with the TWC servers but the issue is definitely with TWC and their streaming service not their internet connection itself.

Why can't we get this resolved!!!!!